Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many babygrows/vests etc??

• 28-03-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm am packing my hospital bag at the minute. How many babygrows and vests will I need for the first while 0-3 months? What other essential clothes did you buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭dzer2

Congrats and the bery best of luck.

Bring a pack of vests and baby grows you get them in dunnes. It seems its your first baby dont go mad buying gear as you probably get heaps from friends and family. If you get heaps keep about 10 of every thing as new borns need to be winded a lot and dribble. Take the rest back and change them for 3-6 month clothes this will keep the cost down a bit further down the line. While its fine to have the child looking well in all the new clothes Baby will grow quite quickly and be out of the newborn gear before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Yes it is my first and I'm getting such varied advice from others and online. Will def try and exchange for bigger sizes if I can ~ great advice!
    I have about 6 up to 1 month baby grows and vests and have about 10 0-3 month baby grows and vests, hats, socks, bibs, mittens and a pramsuit. What other essentials am I missing? I want to avoid going into town for the first week or so if I can ~ would love to be as organised as possible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I think he just stayed in vests & baby grows for most of the first month.

You'll be taking his clothes on and off a LOT to begin with cos of all the nappy changes (& accidents) so the easier they are to use the better!

What you have, clothes wise, sounds fine for the first while - hats, mittens, socks, pram suit etc.

I don't think you need anything else. It will become apparent after the first few weeks/month what other stuff you might want/need.

But you will get so much stuff as presents, definitely definitely try not to use stuff you can return for bigger sizes.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I am getting nervous the closer the date comes and want to be able to enjoy the time after without worrying about trivial things!! So the more I can do beforehand the more relaxed I'll feel in myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Thanks for the advice ladies! I am getting nervous the closer the date comes and want to be able to enjoy the time after without worrying about trivial things!! So the more I can do beforehand the more relaxed I'll feel in myself!
    Muslin clothes are Very handy to have too for dribbles and spillages! Also, I went through a lot of moses basket sheets(we actually used pillow cases) so maybe have an extra pack of them so you don't have to worry about getting them washed and dried :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Don't go too mad buying the newborn / 0-3 month stuff. If the child is long/big, they won't even go into it at the start. 3-6 months you'll definitely use.

I have muslin clothes and I have 4 moses basket sheets but need to get more. I bought the mamas and papas one and washed them and they are really soft so probably will get some more of them. Would you recommend any other brands for sheets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I have muslin clothes and I have 4 moses basket sheets but need to get more. I bought the mamas and papas one and washed them and they are really soft so probably will get some more of them. Would you recommend any other brands for sheets?

I think I had some From Mothercare,but as I said, I started using pillow cases then. I liked them because they didn't go Bobbly :) but if you like the Mama's and Papas, stick with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Because I wish someone had told me: don't buy babygrows that have buttons on the back. You'll swear like a sailor trying to get them on and off for all of the nappy changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭dzer2

Not really a lady more of a stay at home dad. Yeah sick and runny nappies are the thing to mess up the vests and baby grows. Always found the sooner we got the littles ones outside the better Dont be afraid of the cold as you can wrap them up in layers to keep them warm. You can get a string that goes through the coat sleeves for clipping the gloves to as they seem to fall off for no reason. And dont panic you are joining the masses as soon as you get the baby home all logic goes out the window.

• Advertisement
Advertisement