Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revised Postal Rates 2nd April 2013

• 28-03-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

246878.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Would you like to explain why these increases constitute a 'rip-off', given that you've chosen to reproduce the claims by An Post that it's the first increase for 6 years and that they charge less than the EU average - with no attempt on your part at a rebuttal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Didn't know where else to put this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

a good bit below the new UK postal charges too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

does this mean if you have a load of 55c stamps that you'll have to now buy a load of 5c stamps to make up the difference?

does this mean if you have a load of 55c stamps that you'll have to now buy a load of 5c stamps to make up the difference?

Yes. I think we all probably have a few of the Christmas 55c stamps left over and they'll need a 5c topup if they're going to be used to send a letter from next week.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Would you like to explain why these increases constitute a 'rip-off', given that you've chosen to reproduce the claims by An Post that it's the first increase for 6 years and that they charge less than the EU average - with no attempt on your part at a rebuttal?
    boardzz wrote: »
    Didn't know where else to put this thread

If you're just posting it for information then the 'Consumer Issues' forum might have been more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

On the theme of this forum, why does An Post issue stamps with a specific price (55c) on the front for normal national letters? I have a book of stamps that I bought a while back, and now I'll have to go and buy a bunch of "5c" stamps in order to be able to use them.

In the UK, there's the concept of a "1st class stamp", that covers the cost of posting a letter nationally, regardless of when it was bought. At one stage over the last year or two, I was able to get Irish stamps with "N" on the front instead of "55c", I think short for "National". That was the same thing.

I've paid An Post in advance for national letter delivery. The fact that they've had my money for longer shouldn't mean I have to pay more now!

(I find An Post to be very good generally, this is just a minor annoyance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

I doubt they will return to sender if you use an old value stamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

There is an unofficial grace period of 4 weeks where mail will process without any issues.

There is an unofficial grace period of 4 weeks where mail will process without any issues.

Might get the Christmas cards out early so and use up the last of the 55c stamps :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Well those generous pensions in an post don't pay for themselves. I won't mind the increase but the post office where I live is incrediable slow. Like you queue for up to 30 mins for stamps and there is no such thing as quality customer service

Advertisement