Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfriendly people around UCC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

id talk to you barbarasummers. i enjoy meeting new people where ever whenever, ofcourse there would be exceptions, if i was worried about something in my head like im heading to the hospital to see a friend or something, then id be quite. .

its only conversation it wont kill you. you can always subtly let people know you dont want to talk anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

what if a really hot girl/guy approached you with a big smile and massive personality?? and not some average person, im on about smoking here! would you soon turn away?
    pfft, realistically doubtful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Not sure if OP is a troll or.....

You like making conversation with people, thats great, if someone I don't know engages in conversation with me I will talk to them, as I have done on many an occasion at bus stops. However when I've been working my ass off on projects, studying, in lectures all day, I may not be in the mood for idle chit chat with random strangers. People have other things on their minds and they're stressed. Hell these days I find it hard to follow conversations with my friends because my mind is going 90 on what I have done and what I need to do.

I wouldn't have commented on this normally, however the fact that you're calling people unfriendly and ignorant are wild accusations stemming from someone who either hasn't had much social interaction in the real world or is a troll. While paraphrasing heavily here, you have basically said in this thread that because people don't feel like talking to random strangers when they're finally finished college for the day, they are unfriendly and ignorant. You even get short responses from people and you still think them "unfriendly". Guess what? People give short responses with little room for follow up questions because they don't want to talk to you. Then you come online and insult not only those people, but the greater UCC population for being "unfriendly". There is only one ignorant person in here, and it isn't any of me.

Also with regards to "the Irish are a little ignorant in this regard. Be more social!!", what planet are you living on? Thanks to the things I am involved with in college, I have met people from around the world, America, Saudi Arabia, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, you name it I have probably met someone from that country or a neighbouring one. Nearly every single one of them said that the Irish are very welcoming and approachable compared to their own country. And the ones who didn't say that was probably because it didn't come up in conversation. Again, there is only one ignorant person in here, and it isn't any of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Listen lad, if I've ever graced you with my presence but not my luscious voice at a bus stop it's because I simply don't want to and also because it's a bus stop which is where crazy people sometimes congregate.

Advertisement