Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site problem

Options
  • 28-03-2013 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

I can't seem to navigate through the pages of a thread since the latest changes. If I open a thread all I get is the first page or the last I've viewed.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

We are looking into it now

Danny

The fix went live moments ago, please let us know if you are still encountering the issue where clicking on the page numbers appears to do nothing.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The fix went live moments ago, please let us know if you are still encountering the issue where clicking on the page numbers appears to do nothing.

Danny
    Still the same for me Danny :(
    I'm on iOS if that makes any difference.

Which iOS version? What browser are you using? Can you clear your cache and restart it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Same issue for me. I'm on Android using Opera browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Which iOS version? What browser are you using? Can you clear your cache and restart it?
    That's done the trick, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

When I go into the next page of a thread, it just comes up "loading"

Thats on chrome.

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Same problem for me on Android. Today is the first day it's happened. I've cleared the cache & restarted but no joy.

It's only happening in threads. I can navigate through forum pages ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No joy here on windows phone 7.8, Internet explorer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Same problem here on safari on iPhone

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Getting this error on Safari.

Already cleared cache, still happening.... Same image attachment coming up on all the posts

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't reveal spoilers since the latest change and the second page of a thread doesn't load.There's a loading message and only the first post on page two displays.
    Also, when I truly to a post and clear the text it adds attachments from that post to mine.
    Chrome on jelly bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Having the same issue with spoilers in the Gaming threads, the tags are there but nothing in between.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Attachments appear under every post if there is an attachment on the page.

Android, chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Much of the same problems for me too.
    The second page of a thread just has a loading symbol at the top of the page and only one post shows up.
    Also there's an image attachment on every post in one thread on The Walking Dead forum.

I'm using iPhone 4s. iOS 6.1.3
    Already cleared cache and still no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

For me the attachment is in every post after the post attaching it

Android, dolphin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can't view spoilers and when changing page only the first post appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Getting this error on Safari.

Already cleared cache, still happening.... Same image attachment coming up on all the posts

Is THAT what that is! I was wondering why posters were "including" attachments from quoted posts in their replies!

See now if it works with this post.

I'm using Opera Mobile browser on a Nokia N8.

I see there's also a new "attach files" option on new posts now where there used to be an "attach image" option.

In saying that though, thread pages do seem to load faster. I was having the problem described earlier where I couldn't navigate to the next page in a thread, but that's fixed now it seems without me having had to clear cache, etc.

EDIT: No attachment bug on replies here at least, and thank god that awful courier new font is gone and the reply area has been reverted back to the previous more readable and clearer, sharper font style!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

I had the problems described above but they are now gone

However when I click Reply to a post, I get "404 Page not found"

Using iOS 6 on iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Is THAT what that is! I was wondering why posters were "including" attachments from quoted posts in their replies!

See now if it works with this post.

I'm using Opera Mobile browser on a Nokia N8.

I see there's also a new "attach files" option on new posts now where there used to be an "attach image" option.

In saying that though, thread pages do seem to load faster. I was having the problem described earlier where I couldn't navigate to the next page in a thread, but that's fixed now it seems without me having had to clear cache, etc.

EDIT: No attachment bug on replies here at least, and thank god that awful courier new font is gone and the reply area has been reverted back to the previous more readable and clearer, sharper font style!

All issues still there for me on IOS.

Every post in this thread has an attachment and going to the second page of any thread displays loading and only one post. Refreshing that page then loads all posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

All issues still there for me on IOS.

Every post in this thread has an attachment and going to the second page of any thread displays loading and only one post. Refreshing that page then loads all posts.

+1 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Can't go to the next page of a threa. Running Android 4.0 on standard Google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same here (sorry if it's been answered on page 2 cos I can't get to it). It's fine if there are a number of pages to catch up on as I can go to all the 'next' pages except the last one. When I click on the latest page on a thread it just refreshes me back to the top of the 2nd last page.
    Galaxy Y, 2.3, Opera Mini.

edit: When I posted this I was brought to the bottom of page 2 whereas I couldn't get to page 2 at all previously.

Another edit: If I click on the 'full site' link to see if it lets me move pages it brings me to the 'Home Page'. Before this it used to bring me to the full version of the page I was viewing on Mobile.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Same errors here.

And in the text box for writing a post if I put in more text than the viewable area, I cannot scroll up or down through the box.

Thanks worked better before the change too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Oryx wrote: »
    Thanks worked better before the change too btw.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. I love the thread loading speed, but the thanks is a tricky one as it's, dare I say it, almost TOO responsive!

Side note: When I clicked "Reply" on this thread just now, it directed me to a 404, but on clicking back and then Reply again it gave the expected result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

This is what I get now and again when on mobile.
    Trying to reply to a thread, reload, still no difference, go back, in again, and reply works.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Rabies wrote: »
    This is what I get now and again when on mobile.
    Trying to reply to a thread, reload, still no difference, go back, in again, and reply works.

Here it is... Vanished from last post after it didn't submit right the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

This is what it looks like when I change page and only the first post appears

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Same issue with loading pages after page 1. Safari iOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Any update on this guys?

I've cleared the cache, had a phone update and restart and still the same problem.

WP7 on Lumia 800

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement