Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Oryx wrote: »
    Thanks worked better before the change too btw.

Yeah I have to agree. You can no longer see how many thanks you got for a post either. That box is now gone. It's visible for other people's posts but not my own.

And still having the same issues with page loading and image attachments showing in every post after the initial image is attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

All of the above issues. They are very frustrating-it's an awful lot of bugs for one update-more seems to be broken than fixed really!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have the same problem. I cleared the cache but can't get past page 1.

The mysterious image attached to this post has nothing to do with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Is anyone else having issues with posts effectively "disappearing"?

For example when I went to look at Rabies attachment there, when I clicked the back button on my browser (these issues seem to be cross platform at this stage so no point saying my browser is so and so), the posts that were following it have disappeared, until I press the refresh button and they "reappear".

EDIT: And now it seems that attachment bug I didn't experience earlier has just happened to me. All I did was click reply and clear text, same as I was doing all along. There shouldn't have been any difference between my earlier post and this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Having the same problems as others. Does anyone know how to clear the cache on iPhone 4S iOS6?? I can only find how to clear cookies and browsing history.

• Advertisement

Having the same problems as others. Does anyone know how to clear the cache on iPhone 4S iOS6?? I can only find how to clear cookies and browsing history.

Safari settings > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data

EDIT: The attachments bug seems to have disappeared now, and I realised the difference between this and my earlier post which included the attachment, is that when you quote another poster that has the attachment on the end of their post, the attachment doesn't get included in your post.

If you clear the other poster's post, the attachment seems to be included when you post.

Hope this observation helps diagnose the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Can we just have to old touch back please?

Ella wrote: »
    Can we just have to old touch back please?

The answer to that already Ella I can tell will be a resounding "No." from all involved in the changes, but what I would ask for the future is that before they make such changes, that they would test them in the lab first before unleashing them on the site and then having to deal with the clean up.

And an announcement thread in advance of rolling out future changes either wouldn't go astray as not everyone is aware of or au fait with the feedback and site dev forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I cleared all data and still have attachments bug. Came across another when logging back in. First time told me error with username/password, clicked log in again and it went straight through. Same password as I copied and pasted both times and there was no spacebars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

No attachment bug but can only navigate pages by editing the url each time. PITA. Android 2.3 with Opera Mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Spoilers not working, also the report post button is bigger now and given its location annoyingly easy to hit.

I scroll using my right thumb tho so maybe its just my fat digits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Afternoon folks,

The sheer amount of threads and combinations of post types means that we'll never be able to test them all with an update like this. Usability issues (e.g. the attachments bug, the first post loading when you change pages but no others) did not crop up during the testing phase, we tested for several days. For the record I am experiencing no issues on Android 4 with Chrome or Stock browser nor am I experiencing issues with iOS6 and Safari. That is not to say there aren't issues, every phone setup is different. When providing some bug reports please use Site Development and check if a thread already exists on the bug. Some URLs and screenshots are always appreciated.

Regarding the report post button it is the exact same size and located in exactly the same position. It as as easy to hit as the old touch thread view. We have made it easier to distinguish when you are reporting a post with the inclusion of the post you're trying to report above the report reason field.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Afternoon folks,

The sheer amount of threads and combinations of post types means that we'll never be able to test them all with an update like this. Usability issues (e.g. the attachments bug, the first post loading when you change pages but no others) did not crop up during the testing phase, we tested for several days. For the record I am experiencing no issues on Android 4 with Chrome or Stock browser nor am I experiencing issues with iOS6 and Safari. That is not to say there aren't issues, every phone setup is different. When providing some bug reports please use Site Development and check if a thread already exists on the bug. Some URLs and screenshots are always appreciated.

Regarding the report post button it is the exact same size and located in exactly the same position. It as as easy to hit as the old touch thread view. We have made it easier to distinguish when you are reporting a post with the inclusion of the post you're trying to report above the report reason field.

Danny

Hi Danny - Appreciate the effort something like this takes.

Just for the record I'm using an Iphone 4S, ioS 6.1.3 and Safari. I've also tried using Chrome and behaviour is the same. So two browsers are having the same issues. If that's any help to tracking it down.

Cheers Pageant_Messiah. The attachments issue should be resolved now - can you folks confirm?

Danny

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Danny
    The Report Post button is not very aesthetically pleasing though.
    The way the flag is crammed on the top of the word 'report' looks pretty clumsy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Cheers Pageant_Messiah. The attachments issue should be resolved now - can you folks confirm?

Danny

Resolved for me on iOS 6, safari.

Posy wrote: »
    The Report Post button is not very aesthetically pleasing though.
    The way the flag is crammed on the top of the word 'report' looks pretty clumsy. :o

Please post a screenshot and provide details of your phone OS and browser. I see no text on top of the image.

Danny

Danny

Attachments issue appears resolved on both safari and chrome here.

Still outstanding:

Loading / issue still present. (as you probably know - sorry if I am stating the obvious)
    Thanks whores Posters :pac: can't see their own posts thanks.

Request whilst I'm here:

If there is ever room to stick the pages / navigation up on top of the thread as well as the bottom that would be excellent. It can be a right pain scrolling all the way down to the bottom to hit next page in a thread if you've already read the one you're on / refreshed etc.

Attachments issue appears resolved on both safari and chrome here.

Still outstanding:

Loading / issue still present. (as you probably know - sorry if I am stating the obvious)
    Thanks whores Posters :pac: can't see their own posts thanks.

The loading issue for pages - can you provide a thread where this happens? I've tested a lot of threads on a few devices while in the office and I've two at my disposal here, no issues. It was definitely the most significant change we made and is critical to the usability of touch.

The viewing of your own thanks won't be resolved before we're back on Tuesday, it's not a bug per-se and more a design oversight; I can barely bug fix while off site, definitely not going design changing :D
    Request whilst I'm here:

If there is ever room to stick the pages / navigation up on top of the thread as well as the bottom that would be excellent. It can be a right pain scrolling all the way down to the bottom to hit next page in a thread if you've already read the one you're on / refreshed etc.

There's always a chance, but I'm afraid the Boards tech team aren't responsible for the design of the touch site - there were very, very little design changes during the recent touch update, it was mostly the underlying server code that got a major overhaul.

Danny

I'm on an android (Samsung galaxy mini)... all is good with the touch site on my phone though- no bugs or glitches here. :)

5Bl4lVq.jpg?1

• Advertisement

It's site wide (with the loading issue)

For example (I'm typing here on desktop)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056157841

I got to that thread on the phone by browsing from the my threads tab on the phone / touch site. It landed me on page 11 which was last page of that (again on touch site so settings wise might be different) I then clicked on page 10 - ie to go back one page and got it.

I then went to this exact thread landed on page 2 of it hit page 1 and got the loading screen error.

Went out to main page - picked the latest post / thread which was .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056687454

tried to naviage to page 2 and got the same error.

3 other threads tries - exactly the same issues. I'm quite confident to say this is site wide.

At all times hitting refresh loads the full page.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm having the same issue Danny. If I try to change the page, it just comes up with a loading wheel but hitting refresh loads the page. I'm using ios6 and safari on iPhone 4. It's happening with every thread for me.

Does it work on your desktop if you visit: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056687454 and go to page 2?

Not only is the problem site wide, but it is intermittent. It's strange because parts of the code responsible for loading pages are working fine. There is a part of the code responsible for changing the URL in your address bar which is why hitting refresh loads the page that hung on the loading screen and not the previous page before clicking on another page at the bottom.

Posy wrote: »
    I'm on an android (Samsung galaxy mini)... all is good with the touch site on my phone though- no bugs or glitches here. :)

5Bl4lVq.jpg?1

It's not meant to look like that at all - can you visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy the User Agent string into a post here? Thanks

Danny

Does it work on your desktop if you visit: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056687454 and go to page 2?

Danny

No - same issue occurs on desktop - using latest firefox.

Are there any errors in the errors tab in your error console? It's CTRL+SHIFT+J on a Windows machine.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

5Bl4lVq.jpg?1[/quote]

This is how it looks for me too

We've removed the inline page loading feature temporarily (for the weekend). We'll attempt some further debugging next week and will be in a better position when it reappears to debug any further issues (i.e. not facing into a bank holiday weekend).

Thanks for your patience.

Danny

It's not meant to look like that at all - can you visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy the User Agent string into a post here?

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-ie; GT-S5570 Build/GINGERBREAD)
    AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is what happens when hamsters code, people... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Seems to be working fine now, for me anyway. Having no problems navigating between pages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement