Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Seems to be working fine now, for me anyway. Having no problems navigating between pages.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep. Pages moving along fine now.
    The flag icon has disappeared from the 'report' spot. It's just a blank square now but it still works as I know where it is. Newbie 'reporters' would probably have difficulty finding it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How do we delete posts now??? Used to go into edit and delete from there. Now there's no option for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Email notifications are linking back to the main Boards site again instead of to the Touch site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Posts from posters on your ignore list have totally disappeared. I can see a thread that says "Last poster: X", but when I go into the thread, X's post isn't there at all. That's happened twice since yesterday, with different posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hey Danny, two things I've spotted. They might have been reported already, but letting you know in case they haven't.

1 - if you click on Full Site when in a thread it brings you back to the front page.
    2 - locked threads don't display as locked any more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Also, I'm not seeing custom tags any more. A few users changed their tag to a variant of "closed account" and all I can see is the default user group (eg moderator).

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Here's a screenshot of the dodgy looking 'Report' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm still having issues with seeing the latest posts. Usually when I click a thread I'm brought to the first post I haven't read, now I'm being brought to the last one I've posted and I can't see anything after that and I'm not being given an option to go to the next page.  

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

When I click an attachment, like the screen shot two posts above and then hit back to get out of the picture I'm brought back to the last post by danny on the 29th at 14.48 with no posts showing after that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You also can't delete posts anymore. When you go to edit a post there's no longer an option to delete post.
    Also, I started a thread in site dev but I may aswell post here too, spoilers don't show anymore.
    As Zaph said, clicking "full site" just bring you to the main page rather than the page you're currently viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Unrelated to the new changes.
    Before I would never have to log in to touch. Do it once, that's it.
    The past few weeks I've need to log back in every two weeks or so. Is there a time limit on the cookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Please can we have the delete post option back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The page loading thing is happening to me again when I try to go to the next page of a thread.
    It was working fine until a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep same here. Looks like the tech guys are back to work and have switched whatever was switched off over the weekend back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Indeed, but we're not quite ready to rock yet. Bear with us.

Danny

This April fools joke sucks.

We deployed some changes between yesterday and this morning with the following updates:
    • Spoiler BBcode fixed
    • Thanks count now appears on the view thanks link, not the button. Therefore the absence of the thank button on your own posts should no longer affect being able to see how many thanks your post has
    • Deleting posts is once again possible. To delete a post you can click on the edit button for a post. There is a link to the right side under the text box that says 'Switch to delete mode', click that. You can switch back to edit mode at any time.
    • Reporting a post on touch now has a preview of the post you're reporting present on the report page. This should help differentiate the report page from the reply page, a distinction some users were finding difficult on the old touch site.

All other bugs highlighted have been recorded in our bug tracker, we will get to them as soon as we can. In the mean time if you have any further issues please start a thread in Site Development.

Danny

The view thanks looks weird sitting under the post on a separate line. It's very disjointed.

Inline page loading has been re-enabled with some modifications that should resolve issues people had. Please clear your browser cache if you experience any issues before reporting them on this thread.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I can't get past page 1 on this thread so I have no idea has this been notified but, yet again, I am stuck unable to scroll past past one page.

Call me Al wrote: »
    I can't get past page 1 on this thread so I have no idea has this been notified but, yet again, I am stuck unable to scroll past past one page.

Could you be a little more descriptive - what's the issue? Does it remain in the loading state - can you scroll down the page? Does an error appear? What happens if it gets stuck on Loading and you just refresh the page? What device are your using? What browser? What version of software have you on your device?

Also, please post in the linked thread of my previous post, we'd like to keep all bug reports together :)

Thanks

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Navigating between thread pages not working for me. Nothing happens when I've tried to go from one page to another.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Navigating between thread pages not working for me. Nothing happens when I've tried to go from one page to another.

Once again I'll need specifics. See my previous post.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Once again I'll need specifics. See my previous post.

Dany

Android 4.0 running standard Google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Using windowsphone, navigating through thread pages not working again.

snaps wrote: »
    Using windowsphone, navigating through thread pages not working again.

+1 using gingerbread and opera mobile. Was working fine up to earlier today, now not.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    +1 using gingerbread and opera mobile. Was working fine up to earlier today, now not.

I can identify the behaviour on Windows Phone, it's caused by very poor support for javascript events and will be worked around.

On the other hand I have a Gingerbread device here (2.3.7) with no issues on Opera Mini or on stock. What is your precise issue - clicking on the numbers does nothing or?

Clicking on the numbers does nothing - the refresh button doesn't change to an X like it normally would. Ditto for clicking on the arrows - unresponsive. Have to edit the url to switch between pages. It's been flip-flopping between working and not for the last few days.

Btw its Opera mobile I'm using, not Opera mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Same issue here. Clicking page numbers not working. Was fine earlier.

Android 4.0.4
    Boat browser & stock

Cleard cache same problem.

Seems to be only happening when in threads. Works ok when browsing forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement