Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site problem

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

After deleting a post I get an invalid thread message. Chrome on ICS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ffs! Which thread are we supposed to be using? Couldn't get to this page earlier so didn't know we are still discussing it here.
    Anyways my comment is in the thread Danny linked to previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A lot of invalid thread tokens when replying to threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Same here. Page number underlines but won't load.

Email links still don't work properly months after I reported the problem.

Touch was fine until it was "updated".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Discodog wrote: »
    Same here. Page number underlines but won't load.

Email links still don't work properly months after I repeated the problem.

Touch was fine until it was "updated".

Device, OS version, browser, browser version.

We have a to-do on the plan to review our notification emails but if you have a specific issue please create a bug report thread about it in Site Development

Danny

• Advertisement

Device, OS version, browser, browser version.

We have a to-do on the plan to review our notification emails but if you have a specific issue please create a bug report thread about it in Site Developmentn

Danny

Ics with Boat browser.

Sometimes the page buttons will work by pressing them repeatedly. Why can't you move the view thanks, which is a waste of space & make the page numbers bigger?

The email notifications to this thread are working. But others either take me to the main site or to the first post on touch.

Ics with Boat browser.

Boat browser works fine, I just downloaded it on my ICS Desire Z. We also pushed a change that fixed up Opera Mobile which most likely affected a few other browsers - would you mind checking again?

Danny

Boat browser works fine, I just downloaded it on my ICS Desire Z. We also pushed a change that fixed up Opera Mobile which most likely affected a few other browsers - would you mind checking again?

Danny

Please don't assume that it works based on a quick test on your phone. I had to click on the page number about 10 times to get here.

Touch is clearly inconsistent. Last time I clicked on the email link it took me correctly to the last unread post. 30 mins later it takes me to the first post in the thread.

I know that it's not my phone because it worked perfectly before the updates.

I know that it's not my phone because it worked perfectly before the updates.

With regards to your situation this is what we know:

Two android devices running ICS in the office (including my own phone) have never had Boat Browser installed. Once it was installed on those two devices the page numbers and inline page loading worked. Knowing what we know about the code this isn't really an intermittent issue, the numbers either work or they don't, for every case. You are the only person to report an issue with the Boat browser. So as far as we know, the Boat Browser pagechanges are working OK and the problem lies with your device.

This may not be true, but it is what is known at this time. You've not reported any issues or successes with using other browsers. Nobody else has reported issues with the Boat browser. Our two device tests are all we have to go on, and both are working.

I understand your frustration but please realise you are on a completely new touch system with a completely new front end interface, things that "worked before the updates" are not a baseline to prove that something is not a user-specific issue. We appreciate your efforts in trying to get this resolved.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Danny

Page numbers appear to be working fine now on Galaxy S+ with gingerbread and Opera Mobile.

• Advertisement

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Page numbers appear to be working fine now on Galaxy S+ with gingerbread and Opera Mobile.

Thanks very much for the feedback, glad it's sorted for you. I must commend Opera for their development tools for Mobile, they were a big help :)

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

smash wrote: »
    A lot of invalid thread tokens when replying to threads.
    Thanks very much for the feedback, glad it's sorted for you. I must commend Opera for their development tools for Mobile, they were a big help :)

Danny

Danny just while you have the Opera dev tools there, is there any chance you could have a look at the invalid thread tokens issue throwing up 404 errors when you press Reply. Unfortunately the behaviour is inconsistent and cross platform. The only workaround at the moment seems to be just pressing the Back button and pressing Reply again.

Device: Nokia N8

Operating System: Nokia Belle Refresh, Version 111.040.1511

Browser: Opera Mobile, Version 12.00.2256

Nokia Browser, Version 8.3.1.4

Steps taken so far to try and resolve issue:

Cleared cache and cookies on both browsers, turned the phone off and back on again already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Danny just while you have the Opera dev tools there, is there any chance you could have a look at the invalid thread tokens issue throwing up 404 errors when you press Reply. Unfortunately the behaviour is inconsistent and cross platform. The only workaround at the moment seems to be just pressing the Back button and pressing Reply again.

Cleared cache and cookies on both browsers, turned the phone off and back on again already.
    I'm getting the same on IOS v 5.1.1 using Safari browser.

Howdy, thanks for the detailed bug report. Can you be a little more specific on the error - I don't believe we have any error about invalid thread tokens - there's "Invalid thread ID" and "CSRF verification failed" error messages. Could you possibly screenshot the error for us so we can track it down?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The thank button seems to be linked to report post function now. Windowsphone 7.5 internet explorer.

snaps wrote: »
    The thank button seems to be linked to report post function now. Windowsphone 7.5 internet explorer.

Thanks, that's a known issue. Please follow this thread for bug report updates.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Howdy, thanks for the detailed bug report. Can you be a little more specific on the error - I don't believe we have any error about invalid thread tokens - there's "Invalid thread ID" and "CSRF verification failed" error messages. Could you possibly screenshot the error for us so we can track it down?

Danny

I forgot to get a screenshot actually, and the one time I want one, it's working fine. I'll update with a screenshot next time it happens, though I'm primarily using Opera Mobile. I only just wanted to see was the issue also happening in the Nokia Browser.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini here running Cyanogenmod 9, and if I'm feeling particularly like tormenting myself later on, I might would the issue occur on that phone using Opera mobile and the standard Android Browser (Chrome doesn't want to play nice at all on such a low spec POS tbh!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same on IOS v 5.1.1 using Safari browser.

Me too for the first time now - Galaxy S+, gingerbread, Opera Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Nobody else has reported issues with the Boat browser.

I have posted that I'm also having issues with boat browser and also stock browser. So he is not alone.

Just tried opera mini and no problems. looks like I'm changing browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'm seeing the top of the reply & thank button is cut off on the touch site.

using Nexus 4 with Chrome Browser (26).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qj15vbivm6xbl1/Screenshot_2013-04-05-09-10-23.png

• Advertisement

Christ that "switch to delete mode" nonsense is a fairly convoluted effort just to, well, delete a post!

Why could that "switch to delete mode" link not be used to link directly to a delete post action as before? I get it hard enough to not accidentally delete PM's as I'm reading them because when you're scrolling and your thumb hits the "Delete" button, there's not even so much as a confirmation, it's just gone!

It's better because get the opportunity to enter a reason for the delete which a horrible javascript alert box never offered. It also doesn't affect the user experience because it was previously two clicks (one to click Delete, one to confirm) and now it's still two clicks (One to swap to delete mode, one to delete). Besides, alert boxes are a bit 90s don't you think? :)

It's an interesting point on deleting private messages though, I'll file an issue for that - thanks.
    Anyway, back to the original reason I'm here. It seems when I eventually deleted the post, upon trying to redirect back to the thread, it lost it's way somehow and threw up this error

Same hardware and browser as before.

Noted in our issue tracker, thanks.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to put a stop to this thread now though since it's becoming a one-stop shop for all things touch related, including bugs. Bug reports go to Site Development (click here if you're on touch). Thanks to everybody who provided feedback, bug reports and helped us get it touch back up to speed.

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement