Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU EGM - 16th April 2013 @ 6pm - Venue TBC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Do officers of the SU bother to come onto this to clarify matters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Its boards. Why would they bother talking to anonymous people when they have their office and facebook?
    or members of 2 months and 5 posts commenting on a month old meeting.

There is only about 5/10 people on boards from ul and most are in 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

lkionm wrote: »
    Its boards. Why would they bother talking to anonymous people when they have their office and facebook?
    or members of 2 months and 5 posts commenting on a month old meeting.

There is only about 5/10 people on boards from ul and most are in 4th year.

There's a lot more on here than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Chavways wrote: »
    There's a lot more on here than you think.

Damn lurkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Jester252 wrote: »
    Damn lurkers

They creep in the shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Because of the negative publicity the SU received due to a certain individual in a now ceased sabbat position; the SU has decided that individual sabbats can't comment on boards (and other forums). They can read boards however. The general manager will respond if required (as he has done in the past).

That's what I've heard anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

reunion wrote: »
    Because of the negative publicity the SU received due to a certain individual in a now ceased sabbat position; the SU has decided that individual sabbats can't comment on boards (and other forums). They can read boards however. The general manager will respond if required (as he has done in the past).

That's what I've heard anyway...

Hardly an improvement, his limited entrances here remind me of this scenario

011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

the SU has decided that individual sabbats can't comment on boards
    :P:pac::D:):rolleyes::cool:
    The general manager will respond if required (as he has done in the past).
    freyners wrote: »

011.jpg

You know he's going to ask you to take down that image :pac:
    As General Manager of ULSU I must request that all boards users cease making allegations and innuendo about ULSU officers or staff through publicly accessible and non verifiable media such as boards. Genuine concerns should be brought directly to the attention of myself sugeneralmanager@ul.ie or the President supresident@ul.ie immediately, otherwise such comments are seen as malicious and damaging to ULSU and will be dealt with accordingly. (PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

freyners wrote: »

011.jpg

Someone never saw that episode of Mythbusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

As General Manager of ULSU I must request that all boards users cease making allegations and innuendo about ULSU officers or staff through publicly accessible and non verifiable media such as boards. Genuine concerns should be brought directly to the attention of myself sugeneralmanager@ul.ie or the President supresident@ul.ie immediately, otherwise such comments are seen as malicious and damaging to ULSU and will be dealt with accordingly. (PM)
    Are you freaking kidding me!? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Any respect I had for the man has just shot downwards. Talk about inappropriate conduct of a professional, thinking they can police the internet like they can their bubble-world in the SU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

D'ye reckon if we turn off the lights and start saying inflammatory things about Paddy doing coke off Kellys arse and Cathal and Adam moonlighting selling condoms and spin around 3 times he will appear?

Or just call him fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Aha it's a good thing I missed that quote when it was put up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Are you freaking kidding me!? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Any respect I had for the man has just shot downwards. Talk about inappropriate conduct of a professional, thinking they can police the internet like they can their bubble-world in the SU.

This is ridiculous!!!

The use of a forum allows for public debate, god knows the ULsu General Manager Facebook page is almost redundant.

What is the policy on the SU regarding kickbacks? i.e. If a local pub gives the SU drink vouchers, is this disclosed to the public? Heard from another of bars in Limerick that this was the case, disturbing particularly when you hear that co-op students aren't getting a cent from the SU!!!!

Advertisement