Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog grooming Northside Dublin

• 28-03-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a dog groomer anywhere around Dublin northside? Have a little fella from the pound and his hair is getting quite long. I've done some googling and apparently his coat can't be shaved but needs stripping back. He's loves getting brushed but with this bad weather he is bringing in a lot of water and mud on his coat.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

What type of dog is he? I could show you how to hand strip him and it won't cost you anything!

To check if his coat is ready, grasp some of the longer hair between thumb and first finger and pull it. If ready it should easily come out.

I have 4 hand stripped dogs & strip to show standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

The hair does'nt really come away that easily. I have attached a picture of him before his hair got too long as Im not really too sure of his breed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

He is lovely. Hard to see his lenght of leg but he looks like a rough coated Jack/Parson type.

You are welcome to take him up to me some evening and I could see if he can be stripped. Exceptions to this can be neutered males as it can make it much more difficult to hand strip, same for spayed bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Thanks but he is a neutered male! Got him from a charity and they neuter all dogs before release.

Advertisement