Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Pro Mounts

• 28-03-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I've more or less made up my mind to get a Go Pro 2 camera and I was wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of the various mounts.

What mounts do most of you guys use:

Adhesive
    Suction cup
    Chest mount
    3 way arm pivot
    Handle bar mounts etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

You can get a GoPro 3 for about the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

i have the chest mount, which is kinda cool, 3 way arm pivot and adhesives, havent used them yet on the motorbike but on youtube there quite a few good clips of each, they seem to give the best shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i bought the motorsport edition last year, i mostly use it in the car but have a few of the flat mounts and the curved mounts in different parts of both the car and the bike..
    If you are going for one i would buy the 3, as its the newer version and comes with more included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I got the hero 3 black edition.. a little pricey, but you really are getting an amazing camera! You'll be hooked on GoPro once you get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I got a black edition also and now working out how many mounts I need for both bikes :) Have the chest strap but I am rather large so it may not work with me

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can get a GoPro 3 for about the same price

Alot of people rekon that the Pro 2 is just as good if not better than the 3.

I got the entire Pro 2 kit new on Ebay for 200 euro last year from the USA to my doorstep...8 different mounts/fittings too.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

paddy147 wrote: »

I got the entire Pro 2 kit new on Ebay for 200 euro last year from the USA to my doorstep...8 different mounts/fittings too.:D

Can't control you GoPro 2 from your smartphone though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

paddy147 wrote: »

up to 4k res.

it's all about the pixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

If you know someone in the States, and want a cheaper option, the Contour Roam is $119 (€92)on Amazon.com. It was $99 but it's gone back up a bit.
    Great reports and easy to use. Maybe not as much functionality as the GoPro but if you're not a pro/enthusiast, it's a great alternative.
    Factor in postage from your US mate to Ireland as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I put a curved on top of my helmet, and at speeds did notice it but the video was good. Ordering more flat and curved mounts and the suction one

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Just bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261186077194?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_5993wt_1102

Not an official product but worth a try for all the bits compared to the price of the official bag of mounts. The same seller has a similar pack with the suction cup for an extra fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Head is melted lads. Louis.de are doing a gopro 3 for 269 but I really liked the sony action cam but mounting to a helmet could be an issue. Could get the sony for 200. Also read quite alot of reliability issues with the go pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I have the GP3 with the Wifi remote think its the black edition (the high spec one) never had a moments bother. Alot of hassle people have is getting an SD card that is not high enough spec to read the data when recording in HD.

I have a rake of vids you are more then welcome to view before buying m8, also I am off to the NEC bikeshow on wednesday if you want one joe I can get it cheaper over there.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well I have the GP3 with the Wifi remote think its the black edition (the high spec one) never had a moments bother Joe. Alot of hassle people have is getting an SD card that is not high enough spec to read the data when recording in HD.

I have a rake of vids you are more then welcome to view before buying m8, also I am off to the NEC bikeshow on wednesday if you want one joe I can get it cheaper over there.

Ah fair play for the offer Wonda but im prob getting ahead of myself. Im been pushed for a Christmas present & I always intended on getting a camera so I was thinking along those lines. One minute ive decided im not spending over 100 euro on a cam and the next im looking at 300 euro cams. I had a quick look a the NEC exhibitors section and Gopro is not mentioned?

Ah fair play for the offer Wonda but im prob getting ahead of myself. Im been pushed for a Christmas present & I always intended on getting a camera so I was thinking along those lines. One minute ive decided im not spending over 100 euro on a cam and the next im looking at 300 euro cams. I had a quick look a the NEC exhibitors section and Gopro is not mentioned?

you are gonna get what you pay for....and the only 2 cams worth getting IMHO are the Drift HD and the Go Pro series.

You bet your left one they will be selling go pros over there....sure I bet I would even get one in the DUTY FREE on the way over for you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I don't have, but borrowed a GoPro2 for a video.

All I can describe it now as is a GoProOhOh

It seem a polished top box + suction cup + ****ty road = disaster

281858.jpg

....and the guy who drove over it afterwards in a car/van/truck didn't do it any favours either !! :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I don't have, but borrowed a GoPro2 for a video.

All I can describe it now as is a GoProOhOh

It seem a polished top box + suction cup + ****ty road = disaster

281858.jpg

....and the guy who drove over it afterwards in a car/van/truck didn't do it any favours either !! :pac: :pac:

All it needed was a tether and it would have been saved....they cost about 6 quid for 4 on fleabay. I have one on all my gear, bike and helmet. Its just another little suction pad and wire attached to the GoPro so if the mount fails it will be caught. ;)

Ok Wonda thanks for the offer but ill stick with the Sony action cam because ill then have a few shillings to complete my IBT with mick. Have to get the finger out and get full license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

All it needed was a tether and it would have been saved....they cost about 6 quid for 4 on fleabay. I have one on all my gear, bike and helmet. Its just another little suction pad and wire attached to the GoPro so if the mount fails it will be caught. ;)

Oh, yeah, definitely: found out the hard way !! :P

Bad enough wrecking the thing: worse though, I found every part except the SD card, so I didn't even get to see the footage !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, definitely: found out the hard way !! :P

Bad enough wrecking the thing: worse though, I found every part except the SD card, so I didn't even get to see the footage !

LMFAO.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Amazon Black Friday (week)
    today at 1:55 I think, wourth checking out for anyone interested in getting one. current price listed at £280, if you got 50% of that...

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)

lostboy75 wrote: »
    today at 1:55 I think, wourth checking out for anyone interested in getting one. current price listed at £280, if you got 50% of that...

Oooops. I ordered the sony yesterday. I thought 280 sterling was the lowest it was going to go for the gopro.

these deals vary quite a bit, and you really do have to be very quick, so no guarantee you would get one anyway.
    but know your pain, have been in your position before, ordering a few days before a massive sale you knew nothing about.

the Sony will be great! much better then the GoPro!
    just keep repeating that.

these deals vary quite a bit, and you really do have to be very quick, so no guarantee you would get one anyway.
    but know your pain, have been in your position before, ordering a few days before a massive sale you knew nothing about.

the Sony will be great! much better then the GoPro!
    just keep repeating that.

Ah im well impressed with image quality with the sony. I was getting carried away with the latest technology speil but I had to remind myself what I wanted the camera for. Its not for magical moments touring the alps. First and foremost its there incase of an accident for evidence.

It went for £230- Not bad at all

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009HPFUGI/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_c5f7f8e6?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=18C2KC6KP6RTS3NF6REJ&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827

This is coming up this evening. Does it seem a good deal for the camera?

didn't see your message till now, what price was it? no experience in the large format cards, 4.5 stars out of 145 reviews can not be bad.

didn't see your message till now, what price was it? no experience in the large format cards, 4.5 stars out of 145 reviews can not be bad.

Its a 64 gb class 10 card. I bought it. 50 euro including del. I thought it would be a better discount but sure I need one and it has good reviews

This black friday will have me skint:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I just bought one in Conns cameras this evening so haven't hooked it up yet.

I got the quick release suction mount and the tether kit.

As somebody said above the SD card is important.

My one reads at 80MB/s and writes at 50MB/s.

Class 10 cards are so important, the read write speeds need to be up there or disasters happen like sound with no picture etc. They usually are around the €90 euro mark Joe so you did well.

• Advertisement

Class 10 cards are so important, the read write speeds need to be up there or disasters happen like sound with no picture etc. They usually are around the €90 euro mark Joe so you did well.

Camera arrived today. Juat waiting on sd card for delivery:rolleyes:

Advertisement