Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will marches work?

• 28-03-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Will marches aganst the bank debt like this one and this one have any effect. They first link say they want the debt written down. What chance have these marches of achieving anything.

I do not think they will have any effect but i could be wrong and I donot know much about politics

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

only 5 years late .. would like to know who they voted for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

No. We had a by-election today and I think our minor coalition party has been given a short sharp kick in the rear. This is how the electorate will get a change in approach. Labour need to man up in government, follow through on the major election promises they made, not look like they are being led by the nose by their coalition partners, or they will face annihilation in the local and national elections when they come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,217 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Zero effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Unless the march finds a magic pot of money, no.

Oh and FF are looking likely to be back in power shortly. So maybe instead of marching against some invisible enemy, Irish people might look at themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It hardy matters which of the parties is in government. The structures and the agencies of the state carry on regardless. They have been growing in scope and power in tandem with the regulatory regime of Europe. Undoubted some are of valuable and contribute to society as a whole, but at a count of 440+ agencies with none of the signifcant rationisations of these by the government and no clearer scope for more direct democratic mandate to oversee the state (with the Ombudsman office being shamefully ignored the government) then any number of marches have no effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Marches and the like only appeal to numpties.

The Sinn Fein people of this world, who expect to get everything free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Manach wrote: »
    It hardy matters which of the parties is in government. The structures and the agencies of the state carry on regardless. They have been growing in scope and power in tandem with the regulatory regime of Europe. Undoubted some are of valuable and contribute to society as a whole, but at a count of 440+ agencies with none of the signifcant rationisations of these by the government and no clearer scope for more direct democratic mandate to oversee the state (with the Ombudsman office being shamefully ignored the government) then any number of marches have no effect.
    have you a specific case in mind?

Rightwing wrote: »
    Marches and the like only appeal to numpties.

The Sinn Fein people of this world, who expect to get everything free.
    the people who object to the way the country is are not all people who expect to get everything free. What a nonsensical thing to say that people who are angry at having to suffer cutbacks are all sinnfein people. are you for real

LoveCoke wrote: »
    the people who object to the way the country is are not all people who expect to get everything free. What a nonsensical thing to say that people who are angry at having to suffer cutbacks are all sinnfein people. are you for real

People marching and listening to unions ,,,,tell me, what exactly does that achieve ?

the people are angry that the childrens aloowance is cut by a massive €10, and rent supplements being cut by about a €5 a month

• Advertisement

People marching and listening to unions ,,,,tell me, what exactly does that achieve ?
    don't know, look atmy first post i asked a question if marching will achieve anythin
    the people are angry that the childrens aloowance is cut by a massive €10, and rent supplements being cut by about a €5 a month
    that is a lot to some people saying they are all shinners is rubbish

don't know, look atmy first post i asked a question if marching will achieve anythin
    that is a lot to some people saying they are all shinners is rubbish

well SF are the cheerleaders, but yes, labour and ff are more or the less same as them.

well SF are the cheerleaders, but yes, labour and ff are more or the less same as them.
    i d not believe that but i am just interested in views as to whether they will have any efect. I do not think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭morlock_

Protests are a waste of time.

i d not believe that but i am just interested in views as to whether they will have any efect. I do not think so

Might get a few out of the sofas and get a bit of fresh air instead of watching the x-factors and celebrity get me out of here. That's the only benefit I can see.

Might get a few out of the sofas and get a bit of fresh air instead of watching the x-factors and celebrity get me out of here. That's the only benefit I can see.
    maybebthat isbthe idea behind the recession a conspiracy to see folk exercise:o

Advertisement