Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First MOC after 15 years of dark age

• 28-03-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So I finally got a chance to play around with my bricks! :o As most of you know i got myself few sets to mess around. So I DID!
    This is just building like good old times when i was a kid. No planing, just stick 2 bricks together and see where it will get you!
    I know it might be "crap", but keep in mind i got a very limited amount of parts for this and it is my first moc since i came out of dark age! :o

DSC_1260_zpsffd12e13.jpg

DSC_1264_zps66db81fe.jpg

DSC_1260_zpsffd12e13.jpg

DSC_1262_zps6e78be56.jpg

DSC_1261_zps0c06a63b.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Good job! I see some nice touches there like the....um... angle plates on the sides! Exhaust pipes are a nice touch too. Whats the story with the yellow headlights? Jap import?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

shedweller wrote: »
    Good job! I see some nice touches there like the....um... angle plates on the sides! Exhaust pipes are a nice touch too. Whats the story with the yellow headlights? Jap import?:D

I had clear ones, but they looked to bland! :cool: :D

try the 1x1 SNOT block (Studs Not On Top) in black and attach the clear round 1x1 plate. In my minds eye it looks like those angel eye lights. In reality it could be very different though....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Looks pretty good!

I've built a few houses of my own design over the past year or so. I must post a couple of pics up.

Good effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Awesome! Looks fantastic mate...MOC's are what LEGO is truly about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know the thing is "all over the shop", but it is a lot of fun, just to build using stuff you got and see what sort of thing will turn out. :)

Originally I wanted to make it 8 stud wide, but then realised that the only axles I got are way too long for 8 stud. So lets try wide arch conversions so! :D then I realised that I am runing very low on parts so decided to use all those windows too. Made a nice touch.

I know this moc is not as nice or good then majority stuff out there, but for me it was a way to get to feel bricks and new technics again. A lot of these new bricks I never owned as a child so I needed to experiment and see what can I do with them.

Maybe we need a thread where we can post out small mocs? Not the fancy big ones, but something we do for fun and on the fly?

Excellent idea!

Advertisement