Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huge problem with timing!!!! (English HL)

• 28-03-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I've always had a problem with timing. In class I'm always the last person do hand up a test and sometimes without finishing it.
    So in my mocks this really affected my grades. I wasn't able to finish most of my subjects especially english.
    The thing is that it takes me a really long time to complete a question, for example in paper 1 question a we are to spend approx 35 min on it but I can take up to 1 hour to come up with a decent answer!
    What can I do to improve this? I've been dealing with timing issues for far to long and it looks almost impossible to get it right for the LC
    Help!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Don't panic , nearly everyone i know struggles with time in English and some in other subjects.They set that time because they know how much writing is needed to obtain the amount of marks allocated so if you are spending for example 1 hour instead of 35 minutes you are probably writing way too much! You need to start timing yourself at home and once the time is up stop writing to see how much you can write in the time then look at the the guidelines of how long your answers should be , example paper 1 question a 1-2 pages depending on your writing,if it is not writing and it is thinking you need to spend less time thinking about the answer and know exactly what you are going to write.
    I know its tough but honestly there isn't much of a solution you need to write faster or write less.

Advertisement