Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mba carlow it v masters in management smirfit school

Options
  • 28-03-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Which to choose ? please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

number13 wrote: »
    Which to choose ? please help

Depends on you really. You need to answer a number of quesitons such as: What do you want to get out of it? Which content suits your needs more? Which costs more? Which timetable and location suits you more? etc etc.

You've given absolutely no information to allow anyone to give you any guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭number13

I have finished a law degree. I dont want to go the solicitor or barrister route. I wanted to continue the studies and maybe the way things are with the law at the moment a masters would be pointless in law. I woulkd be interested in getting into the management side of things and i feel having a business side might help me in the job hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

number13 wrote: »
    I have finished a law degree. I dont want to go the solicitor or barrister route. I wanted to continue the studies and maybe the way things are with the law at the moment a masters would be pointless in law. I woulkd be interested in getting into the management side of things and i feel having a business side might help me in the job hunt.

I cant tell you anything about Carlow IT, or their MBA.

In relation to the MiM in Smurfit, I'm in the home stretch of 2nd year at the moment. Its a course designed to provide people within no business background a grounding in business. For this very reason I found it very good. By in large the lecturers were excellent.

The one thing Smurfit has going for it over other institutions is the reputation that it commands. It does stand out with alot of employers (apparently), especially the multi nationals.

From my point of view, it was the timetable that really sold me on the course. There is alot of work required in between the block releases.

Although old, there is some helpful information here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055625668&page=3

Advertisement