Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund the suit co & groupon

Options
  • 28-03-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i purchased a groupon for a suit from The Suit Co.

went and got the suit and took it home, not happy with it.

i rang them and all they offer is a credit note. can i get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What's wrong with they suit, is it faulty, or not as described? You have no right to refund or replacement simply on the basis you don't like it or don't need it. You're not even entitled to a credit note, so it's a good-will gesture from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What's wrong with they suit, is it faulty, or not as described? You have no right to refund or replacement simply on the basis you don't like it or don't need it.

honestly, a mistake was made by me and its the wrong suit for me. the suit was bought 2 hours ago btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

wild_eyed wrote: »
    i purchased a groupon for a suit from The Suit Co.

i rang them and all they offer is a credit note. can i get a refund?

Would you not just go and pick a differant one ??

well, im more so just curious as to what my rights are...

if they are offering a credit note, am i entitled to a refund...

well, im more so just curious as to what my rights are...

if they are offering a credit note, am i entitled to a refund...

I'm not sure what you mean by
    honestly, a mistake was made by me and its the wrong suit for me. the suit was bought 2 hours ago btw
    but if you purchased the suit and later decided it wasn't suitable then no you have no legal right to a refund, unless refunds are allowed as a T&C of the sale. If there are signs on display which allow refunds or it's written on the receipt then you may claim it was a condition of the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

What about the 'Cooling Off Period' under Distance Selling Regulations?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html
    Cooling-off period
    Consumers are entitled to a cooling-off period of 7 days, which begins on the day that they receive the product .In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded or the day written confirmation of the contract was received. During the cooling-off period, the consumer can cancel distance contracts without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties other than possible charges incurred in returning the goods. If a supplier fails to provide written confirmation, the cooling off period is extended to three months from the date the goods were received or the contract for the provision of services was completed

Skid X wrote: »

Doesn't read like the OP bought the suit online. Reads like he walked into the store with his voucher and bought in person.

for what its worth, ive changed my mind about the suit......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

So you like it again?

Advertisement