Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

box

Options
  • 28-03-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

hi ..hello??not sure where i am..anyway my posts are no longer carrying the "thank" box...i just noticed this today..i have reply on the bottom left.and "edit" option on the right..no report post option and no box to see who thanking my posts..any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What posts, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Spear wrote: »
    What posts, where?

hi.all my posts 750 odd are showing with no thank box.reply on left and edit on the right.have there been changes to the pages..i notice an attach files option which was never there before.im a technophobe and i use my smart phone if that helps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There is no box, you need to press the show thanks option.

There is no box, you need to press the show thanks option.

wheres that show thanks option then?also whats with the attach files option .thats new.

Show thanks is on the bottom left of a post.

And stop posting the same thing repeatedly, once is enough. I'm only going to approve one reply, and have to clean up the rest.

• Advertisement

Show thanks is on the bottom left of a post.

And stop posting the same thing repeatedly, once is enough. I'm only going to approve one reply, and have to clean up the rest.

as i look once again at my posts back and foward to you the "thank"option isint showing up .its always on the left.just to the right of reply..its not there now.you mentioned hide thank option.if its hid how do i un hide it.

The view thanks button switches to hide thanks when pressed.

Are you able to get a screenshot of how the posts are appearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you copy the url from your browsers address bar and paste it here?

A reported bug has appeared with a similar issue with an attachments box showing:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83881747#post83881747

I can't replicate, but I'm guessing something may be broken.

The view thanks button switches to hide thanks when pressed.

Are you able to get a screenshot of how the posts are appearing?

sorry i know what a screen shot is but cant send it..im on a mobile too .samsung galxy s 4 ( i think) bit techno phobed too.glad (not for op) that im not the only one though..now how do we propose we fix this..i dont cope well with change to my routine.

• Advertisement

The attachment box issue should be solved now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

You are speaking about the touch site changes that went live.

The report button (flag icon) does not show up on your posts because you cannot report your own posts. It will show up on your posts for other users just fine.

The Thanks button no longer shows up on your posts because you cannot thank your own posts. There is a link to 'view thanks' underneath the reply button on the left hand side which you can use to see the thanks you have for a post.

Danny

You are speaking about the touch site changes that went live.

The report button (flag icon) does not show up on your posts because you cannot report your own posts. It will show up on your posts for other users just fine.

The Thanks button no longer shows up on your posts because you cannot thank your own posts. There is a link to 'view thanks' underneath the reply button on the left hand side which you can use to see the thanks you have for a post.

Danny
    thanks for that.what does "attach files"mean at the bottom.also on my touch screen phine .when i touch the thanks option ob your post nothing happens..i mean i cant "thank"you

There's no thanks in Helpdesk.

There's no thanks in Helpdesk.

ah.im with you now...told you i couldnt cope with change to well..guess il just have to get used to it.p.s. what is the attach files option?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Maudi wrote: »
    what is the attach files option?
    The "attach files" option allows you to attach files to certain posts in case they are needed to show people anything from links of pictures to links to sites and so on.

To attach a file, hit the "Post Reply" button to the left on top of this page, which looks like this reply.gif or if you want to quote a post in your thread, hit the "Quote" button within the post you wish to quote. The "Quote" button is in the post and is down to the bottom right hand side of the post, and looks like this quote.gif.

Once you have clicked either of these, you are brought to the "Reply to Topic" page, and in the "Additional Options" box, under the "Reply to Thread", you will see a button that says "Manage Attachments" in the second small options box entitled: "Attach Files".

When you click that, hit "Choose File" from the "Upload File from your Computer" box, and when you have selected the file you want to upload, don't forget to actually click the "Upload" button itself or it won't be sent.

Have a look at the file types that are allowed over in the left hand column, and you'll see a list of files that are allowed. For example, you'll notice that files ending with the file extension .mp3 or .exe are not permitted, but the usual files that end with .doc or .jpg or .pdf are permitted, but note that each one has a limit on the size of the file you wish to upload.

We actually have a "test" forum where you can experiment with attaching files, linking to images and so on, and the test forum can be found here.

Go ahead and test as much as you like in that forum. Your posts in there will be completely ignored unless they breach boards' Terms of Use.

I hope this answers your question.

-Shield.

thanks i read and was able to understand it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement