Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

factory reset iphone 4s with no password

Options
  • 28-03-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

I bought an Iphone 4s in an e mobile store today. i got the phone on trade in for 200 euro. when i got home i realized the person who traded in the phone didnt factory reset the phone. I tried to do it myself but there is a passcode. I was just wondering if I can factory reset it without the passcode. i need to reset it because the old owners itunes account is still synched with the phone. they manually deleted everything else. that is why i though it was rest when i bought it in the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 N.D.Service

1.Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, leave the other end connected to your PC.
    2.Launch iTunes
    3.Press and hold the Home and Power button on the top of the iPhone to turn off the device
    4.Press and continue to hold the Home button while you reconnect the USB cable to your iPhone, this will cause the iPhone to turn on
    5.Continue to hold the Home button until an alert message in iTunes appears that an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected
    Now that the iPhone is in recovery mode, you must restore the device:
    •Click on the “Restore” button within iTunes
    This will wipe all files, settings, and apps from the iPhone, including the passcode. When the restore is finished, the iPhone will be at the factory settings. At this point you can choose to start from scratch or to restore the iPhone from a backup.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭con___manx1

1.Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, leave the other end connected to your PC.
    2.Launch iTunes
    3.Press and hold the Home and Power button on the top of the iPhone to turn off the device
    4.Press and continue to hold the Home button while you reconnect the USB cable to your iPhone, this will cause the iPhone to turn on
    5.Continue to hold the Home button until an alert message in iTunes appears that an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected
    Now that the iPhone is in recovery mode, you must restore the device:
    •Click on the “Restore” button within iTunes
    This will wipe all files, settings, and apps from the iPhone, including the passcode. When the restore is finished, the iPhone will be at the factory settings. At this point you can choose to start from scratch or to restore the iPhone from a backup.
    Regards

I followed your steps and everything worked out perfect. I cannot thank you enough for your reply. cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement