Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American boards.ie

Options
  • 28-03-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering, is there an American version of boards.ie that we have here in Ireland? Would like to use it to locate different sources of info from the locals in the States.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

craigslist.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The closest I've found is:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums

Its broken down by area...not half as busy as boards is, as the users are spread out over various forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

craigslist.org
    It's more alike eBay really. Doesn't have discussions or forum kind of sort.
    Hazys wrote: »
    The closest I've found is:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums

Its broken down by area...not half as busy as boards is, as the users are spread out over various forums.

That seems to be the one. With a population of 300m, you'd expect it to be busier than boards.ie!
    Cheers!

My apologies belcampprisoner, I didn't see the "discussion forums"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The US is really too big for the sort of thing you are looking for. Citydata is your best bet for the basics, and then once you know where you want to settle, look at local Facebook groups or forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

Yes City Data I got my recommendations for my Realtor there and she is amazing . I go there when I need local info and I also use a local board for women in our local area. I found out about that on City Data too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What happened to boards.us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

^ironic thanks

^ironic thanks

Serious question, used to be great craic with all the "boards.ie is down" threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

fair enough, never went there...

I just love when people come looking for 'an english version of boards' and they're directed to boards.co.uk,

MadsL wrote: »
    What happened to boards.us?

That is directed back into boards.ie

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    That is directed back into boards.ie

I know. I didn't used to be.

I think the US would benefit from boards.us - citydata isn't great and craigslist is dire.

MadsL wrote: »
    I know. I didn't used to be.

I think the US would benefit from boards.us - citydata isn't great and craigslist is dire.

I agree, the craiglist forum is badly organised, I can't even navigate it very well. City-data is okay for now but could do with more users and a better site upgrade.

Advertisement