Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement HRM for Suunto T4 (R.I.P.)

Options
  • 28-03-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

My much loved T4 has breathed its last and I would be grateful if anyone can suggest a suitable replacement (the model has been discontinued).

I'm just after a basic HRM that has a manual lap function. The reasons I liked the t4 so much were:

* comfortable chest strap
    * lightweight watch that fits a small wrist, is a colour that isnt black**and doesn't look like a computer
    * manual lap function with avg HR per lap as well as per session
    * accurate HR
    * easy to use on the run with clear, easy to read display

**not a deal breaker but a pretty colour would be nice

I don't need footpods, GPS, pace or distance, to upload data or any other paraphernalia . Just something simple (with laps !!) that records HR that I can transfer to training diary after each run . Finding it hard to see anything suitable online . Budget in the region €150 but could spend a bit more if needs be for the perfect HRM

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

If the chest strap is still working, it should be possible to buy a replacement watch and pair the strap with the new watch.

I had a T3 which I really liked, when it died, much earlier than it should have, I got myself a Garmin and I have never looked back. You should consider one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

You can pick up a Polar RS300 for around €100 as it has been replaced by the RC3 GPS model. Great watch for what you need, accurate HR data and the option of an upload datalink for detailed lap / HR analysis if you wanted. GPS / Footpod compatible also if you ever went that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Thanks both for the advice . I'll check out the Polar and some reviews . Wrstan, which Garmin did you choose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I got the forerunner 405, you should be ble to pair the Suunto chest strap with any of them though.

Review of the 405 here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2008/10/garmin-forerunner-405-in-depth-review.html

And for all of the garmin watches here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/garmin

And lots of info on here in various posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

That's great - I hadn't realised you could pair different brands of strap and HRM. I'll get my technical people right on it ;)
    Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement