Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are the banks open on good friday ?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

As the title says, are the banks open on good friday ?? If so, is it all banks ?? Or just some ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

none

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Tomorrow is bank holiday. The clue is in the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

dotsman wrote: »
    Tomorrow is bank holiday. The clue is in the name!

It isn't.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Tomorrow is a church holiday. Not a bank holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It isn't.

Nate
    [Facepalm/]Good Friday is a Bank Holiday. It is not a public holiday. Just because the two terms are (incorrectly) often used interchangeably doesn't mean they are the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

dotsman wrote: »
    [Facepalm/]Good Friday is a Bank Holiday. It is not a public holiday. Just because the two terms are (incorrectly) often used interchangeably doesn't mean they are the same thing.

It still isn't either of those.

EDIT:- see here ---> http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

EDIT2:- Apologies - I am incorrect --> Bank Holidays --> http://www.rabodirect.ie/contact-us/bank-holidays-2013.aspx

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will payments still go into/come out of accounts tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

Good Friday is a bank holiday, not a public holiday.

http://www.discoverireland.com/gb/ireland-plan-your-visit/facts/public-holidays/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Will payments still go into/come out of accounts tomorrow?

Bank branches never open on Good Friday. It is a non-processing day.

The clearing system will update tonight and after that Tuesday night (April 2nd).

Nothing will happen Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday night - i.e. if debits/credits aren't visible after tonight's update (i.e. when you check tomorrow morning) then they won't be visible until at least after the Tuesday night update (i.e. Wednesday morning).

By debits I mean standing orders/direct debits
    By credits I mean automated lodgments [from third parties / internet transfers from other banks] / wages etc.

ATM and Visa debit transactions will come off your available balance in real time as usual.
    And I presume if you do an internal transfer [i.e from your savings to your current account with the same bank] then that will be updated in your real time balance too.

Advertisement