Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Products for Dewy Look?

• 28-03-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I really want my skin to look glowy and natural but with makeup still on so was looking for any recommendations for products that help achieve this!

I use Guerlain Meteorites which are great but want more recommendations! Looking at Urban Decay's Dew Me/Chill setting spray but have no idea if it's decent!

Does anyone have any great products they use to look similar to below!:D
    f5f32990_e-gall-haydenpanettiere-cce.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm going to say High Beam but I'm guessing you are already pretty familiar with it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle. I think it gives skin a really nice sheen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I love the dewy look but these days I get it from skincare products so I wear very little make up but I tried that Urban decay dew me and I thought it was rubbish.

The best make up I tried for a dewy look was The Balm Mary Lou manizer, it is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Mix your foundation with a liquid highlighter. Don't use any setting powder either as this will mattify the look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Tayla wrote: »
    The best make up I tried for a dewy look was The Balm Mary Lou manizer, it is brilliant.

First thing I thought of when I saw the pic. I adore this product!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is good for the dewy look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks girls I have Nars Sheer Glow ordered and am looking into The Balm as I type!!:D I was really interested in a nice radiance primer but can't seem to find any decent ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Nars sheer glow is lovely! Also soap and glory bright here bright now mixed into any foundation is pretty decent too..but def recommend nars for that flawless dewy look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Mac Strobe cream mix with your foundation,

and Mac soft and Gentle mineral powder.. lovely glow off it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I just bought revlons' photoready skinlights in pink. It seems to be the same as the old revlon skinlights which i was loved and got withdrawn a couple of years ago and gives a beautiful glow to your skin. I use it either on its own with some concealer or else under foundation.

They are doing it in 2 colours a pink and bronze. I'm very pale with cool undertones so the pink is perfect on me. I'd say I'd look desperate if I wore the bronze one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI

jsut wondering what did you end up finding bess smokeyeyes:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hey Molly,

Have Nars Sheer Glow on the way! I bought Nars Light Reflecting Powder last week but hated it, so far my Guerlain pressed Meteorites seems the best but I'm going to go into town and try out the Urban Decay sprays during the week too and look into the balm that posters were recommending too!

Will keep you updated!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

The Balm are having a 50% off sale soon.
    It was supposed to be 1st April but website crashed. If you 'like' their Facebook page they'll keep you updated.

Some people manage to get in every now and then to order. I got lucky and got in on Tuesday. Shipping is $4.95 for the US or $40 internationally so it's worth it if you know someone in the US.

Can't wait to get Mary Lou Manizer after recommendations from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

my essentials for dewy skin :

Mac strobe cream
    Mac face and body foundation
    Just powder forehead nose and chin and use one of the Mac cream highlighters depending on your skintone. The cream highlighters are an essential for a look lik this ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Nars sheer glow! Can't praise it enough. If you're looking for a very light coverage then i highly recommend Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer, amazing stuff.

Nars multiple is also pretty handy swept across cheeks and under brows for a glow-y lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not sure why Urban Decay Dew Me uses the word 'dew' in its title as it's pretty much mattifying, I don't think it'll help with the look you're going for.
    Clarins Beauty Flash Balm gives a lovely dewy finish but without the shine in OP's photo, although I've used it with Benefit High Beam for a similar look to photo.

Advertisement