Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel in Castlebar?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all!

Just heard there was a Parcel Motel open beside the art shop in Castlebar, can anyone verify this second hand info I just received?!!

I checked their website and they are saying my nearest PM is Galway still. It would be great if there was one in Castlebar. Much handier! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

smg2013 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just heard there was a Parcel Motel open beside the art shop in Castlebar, can anyone verify this second hand info I just received?!!

I checked their website and they are saying my nearest PM is Galway still. It would be great if there was one in Castlebar. Much handier! :D

it takes 2 weeks to put it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 smg2013

Cheers irishgeo!

That explains it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JakuBuLL

I am confirming it. Just saw it there !!!!!
    couldn't get a pic to pop up

JakuBuLL wrote: »

Now THATs what I call confirmation! Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Now THATs what I call confirmation! Thanks! :D

what's a parcel motel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

snaps wrote: »
    what's a parcel motel?

Where parcels go on holiday... DOH! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

snaps wrote: »
    what's a parcel motel?

Can you not use google
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

JakuBuLL wrote: »

Where is that in the town? The op's post says it's beside an art shop. Only art shop I can think of is Mandels behind Staunton's chemist shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JakuBuLL

statto25 wrote: »
    Where is that in the town? The op's post says it's beside an art shop. Only art shop I can think of is Mandels behind Staunton's chemist shop.

That's exactly where it is, behind the pharmacy/costcutters on main street. Its at the carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

off topic, is there some way you can get stuff delivery from the UK via NI from companies that dont normally deliver to here (republic) ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Notch000 wrote: »
    off topic, is there some way you can get stuff delivery from the UK via NI from companies that dont normally deliver to here (republic) ???

http://www.deliverme.ie/

Notch000 wrote: »

Parcel motel will do that. The goods are actually shipped to Dublin and then to Belfast where they are then distributed to each of the motels around the country. The lads on the Android forum are buying a phone that cannot be shipped to the Republic by using Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yup as Statto says, get it posted to Parcel Motel's Belfast address. Deliverme.ie is way more expensive cause you have to pay for a courier once it's here. Best option depends on how far you live from Castlebar I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Thanks for posting this info. Very handy.
    Never heard of them before. Are they relatively new?.

Thanks for posting this info. Very handy.
    Never heard of them before. Are they relatively new?.

I think they set up sometime last year, but they have expanded their number of locations so I guess they have become alot more popular. I heard on today fm this morning they had added loads more PM locations.

Still waiting for Castlebar one to open though!!! Should be this week I think. Have a few things I want to order from Ebay (the postage to ROI is madness from some sellers) so I'll use the PM Northern Ireland address and get the stuff delivered to Castlebar, well-handy!

I think they set up sometime last year, but they have expanded their number of locations so I guess they have become alot more popular. I heard on today fm this morning they had added loads more PM locations.

Still waiting for Castlebar one to open though!!! Should be this week I think. Have a few things I want to order from Ebay (the postage to ROI is madness from some sellers) so I'll use the PM Northern Ireland address and get the stuff delivered to Castlebar, well-handy!

Thanks, I'll have to have a look at their site and see how to do it.
    I agree about some ebay sellers:mad: . Reasonble prices for buy now items then rip you off on postage.
    I must say though, I have found quite a number of sellers who will negotiate the price If you ask nicely:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Has this gone live yet in castlebar?

Has this gone live yet in castlebar?

i walked passed it saturday and it was not live yet.

irishgeo wrote: »
    i walked passed it saturday and it was not live yet.

I contacted them yesterday and they said it would be the end of the month! Aagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

its may day and any sign of thi open?

• Advertisement

nothing on twitter or facebook.

i signed up yesterday to be ready.

its now open , on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Can confirm it's up and running. Have a parcel coming from ebuyer. Delivery still costs 8.60 to the NI address though. But I still saved €200 buy using the service. Hoping to get a notification to pick up my "parcel" tomorrow!! Will update here afterwards

Obskure wrote: »
    Can confirm it's up and running. Have a parcel coming from ebuyer. Delivery still costs 8.60 to the NI address though. But I still saved €200 buy using the service. Hoping to get a notification to pick up my "parcel" tomorrow!! Will update here afterwards

Did you try using flubit as well?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

How does delivery to the NI address work - is it an extra €3.50, because you tell them to redirect to Castlebar instead of NI? The website isn't completely clear on that.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    How does delivery to the NI address work - is it an extra €3.50, because you tell them to redirect to Castlebar instead of NI? The website isn't completely clear on that.

To use Parcel Motel it costs 3.50 per stay. So say postage to Ireland was 10 from a UK based website but had free postage to the UK and NI, you can send it to the PM address free of charge and then 3.50 will be debited from your PM account for using the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

oscarBravo wrote: »

No, the total charge is €3.50, use the NI address, if the retailer won't ship to the Rep. otherwise use the Rep. address. Either way it will be delivered to your parcel motel for €3.50.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Cool, I'll have to give it a try.

To save that much money it must be one hell of a "parcel"!!

Their web site says that if it won't fit in a locker they will make alternative arrangements.
    I have to assume that yours won't fit, so what are the arrangements?.

Any info welcome.

• Advertisement

I've been trying to figure out how you've saved so much money.

Are you saying that this parcel cost 8.60 to be sent by post to N.I. but would have cost 208.60 if the sender had used your R.O.I. address? .

That doesn't make sense to me because the sender would have used the same service to get it to the north as he/she would have used to send it here and I can't think of any service that would have such a difference in cost.

As I understand things from reading their website, Parcel Motel are only a distribution service not a collection service. Therefore you have to use one of the normal services to get it to one of their addresses.

The saving that I see is the difference between being sent to the north as opposed to here less the Parcel Motel cost from the north to here.

Please let me know what I've missed.:confused:

Advertisement