Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel in Castlebar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I've been trying to figure out how you've saved so much money.

Are you saying that this parcel cost 8.60 to be sent by post to N.I. but would have cost 208.60 if the sender had used your R.O.I. address? .

That doesn't make sense to me because the sender would have used the same service to get it to the north as he/she would have used to send it here and I can't think of any service that would have such a difference in cost.

As I understand things from reading their website, Parcel Motel are only a distribution service not a collection service. Therefore you have to use one of the normal services to get it to one of their addresses.

The saving that I see is the difference between being sent to the north as opposed to here less the Parcel Motel cost from the north to here.

Please let me know what I've missed.:confused:
    I imagine he saved 200 euro by buying it in the UK and shipping it to the NI address rather than purchasing it in Ireland.

It works as follows:

Item shipped to PM NI Address - You Pay the UK shipping rate rather than the rate to ship to Ireland.

PM sign for it and then Ship it to your designated PM Motel - €3.50 per stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

irishgeo wrote: »
    I imagine he saved 200 euro by buying it in the UK and shipping it to the NI address rather than purchasing it in Ireland.

It works as follows:

Item shipped to PM NI Address - You Pay the UK shipping rate rather than the rate to ship to Ireland.

PM sign for it and then Ship it to your designated PM Motel - €3.50 per stay.

Thanks. I hadn't linked the saving with the cost of the item. I was reading it as a saving on postage:o.

To save that much money it must be one hell of a "parcel"!!

Their web site says that if it won't fit in a locker they will make alternative arrangements.
    I have to assume that yours won't fit, so what are the arrangements?.

Any info welcome.

They will deliver to your workplace like a normal courier service.

Thanks.

I found the info after posting here.
    For over size parcels you would have to really do some calculations.
    It could work out very costly. A lot of extra charges but certainly perfect for sizes that fit in their lockers.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

irishgeo wrote: »
    Did you try using flubit as well?
    I hadn't heard of flubit, so I checked it out today, and I'm already saving money. I'll report back on the delivery experience later, but cheers for the pointer in the meantime.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of flubit, so I checked it out today, and I'm already saving money. I'll report back on the delivery experience later, but cheers for the pointer in the meantime.

awaiting my first 2 deliveries via flubit and parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Their web site says that if it won't fit in a locker they will make alternative arrangements.
    I have to assume that yours won't fit, so what are the arrangements?.

Any info welcome.

You can pick it up from their depot or you can pay an additional €10.50 i.e €14 total and they deliver it to your house.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi. Sorry I missed earlier questions on my savings. They were of course quoted on purchase price.
    Anyway, delivery notification this morning via both email and SMS. My GF picked it up at lunch time. Code is input in two stages. Phone no. first and then a door code which is included in the SMS and email AND voila... the door pops open. Packaging was perfect.
    I should note that when delivery was accepted by PM in NI on saturday, my account was updated online, and they take a picture of the item as it arrives. Great idea, IMO.
    Don't know what else to say. I should mention that i rang my credit card company to change my registered address before putting through for payment to be sure. But I think that when using Google Checkout it doesn't matter whereas if I used my card directly, questions may have arisen
    Deffo will use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

So if alot of sellers will only post to registered address of card, how do parcel motel get around this?

mickdw wrote: »
    So if alot of sellers will only post to registered address of card, how do parcel motel get around this?

I haven't checked if they take it, but if they do, use PayPal. Also, IMO the safest way to shop. That way you can have a credit card address and a delivery address.

Having said that, some sellers/shops insist that del address and card address be the same.

• Advertisement

I haven't checked if they take it, but if they do, use PayPal. Also, IMO the safest way to shop. That way you can have a credit card address and a delivery address.

Having said that, some sellers/shops insist that del address and card address be the same.

you can add PM address to your list or approved credit card addresses by ringing your credit card company.

first parcel collected , it was a breeze.

My first is in Belfast, hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Well, that was painless. Second order placed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

Anybody know when the Parcel Motel at Ballina (at the Topaz just up from Dunnes) goes live?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

brookedave wrote: »
    Anybody know when the Parcel Motel at Ballina (at the Topaz just up from Dunnes) goes live?

That's a great spot, love to know when this goes live.

Any info on this?I heard nothing and dont see the option on the website either.
    have a few things lined up so this would be even better than castlebar for me!

I emailed them and they said it SHOULD be up and running this week.

I emailed them and they said it SHOULD be up and running this week.

Im going to line up stuff to buy so.hopefully be up by at least next week.

any sign of it going live yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If you go to here and keep an eye for Ballina to appear, then that should tell you.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

any sign of it going live yet?

follow parcel motel on twitter and facebook as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Hi, can someone give me a google maps location of the Parcel Motel in Castlebar. Like, shtick on X on the map at its location or something? Pretty please? Apparently, it's in a car park, but we don't know where that is and don't want to be cruising around town looking for it. :P (Don't know Castlebar all that well, just arranged for the parcel to be sent there as we'll be passing through there tomorrow)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html#

Click on the Castlebar location and then streetview it.
    Walk through one of them alleyways and you'll see in the car park behind Stauntons

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

yop wrote: »
    If you go to here and keep an eye for Ballina to appear, then that should tell you.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

Is the parcel motel in ballina open yet

eggox wrote: »
    Is the parcel motel in ballina open yet

yes

ColeTrain wrote: »
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html#

Click on the Castlebar location and then streetview it.
    Walk through one of them alleyways and you'll see in the car park behind Stauntons

Which alleyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

When you are on main street, take the alley way in to where Larry's Hairdressers is, walk past the two hair dressers and you will land into a car park, the Parcel Motel is on your right

Alternatively; go into Staunton's Pharmacy, walk through the whole shop and walk out the back door, the parcel hotel will be in front of you! :)

When you are on main street, take the alley way in to where Larry's Hairdressers is, walk past the two hair dressers and you will land into a car park, the Parcel Motel is on your right

Alternatively; go into Staunton's Pharmacy, walk through the whole shop and walk out the back door, the parcel hotel will be in front of you! :)

Does the car park close after business hours?

• Advertisement

Does the car park close after business hours?

not any more but gate on the alleyway does sometimes.

Advertisement