Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged X2 for Cork airport car park

Options
  • 28-03-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I booked a space in Cork airport's car park recently, and it was approx. €20. I was told that I needed to use my credit card that I used online to enter and exit the car park, and not to take a ticket. I followed all of these instructions.

I checked my Credit Card statement last night, and was shocked to see the €20 charge and a separate €30 charge to the car park. What do I do? I'm going to ring the airport tomorrow, but should I get my credit card company to stop the money going through? Stressed as I have to travel abroad again tomorrow and need to use the car park again!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

How long was your stay at the carpark ? Was it the DAA service or a private operator ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why not wait until you are on to them and then decide what you need to do - if anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

ZENER wrote: »
    How long was your stay at the carpark ? Was it the DAA service or a private operator ?

Ken

It was €18.90 for 3 days- I prebooked it online so it would be cheaper. That charge went through on the credit card fine, but a charge for 30 odd euros went through too, and I can't figure out why as I did everything properly.

It was the Express Red carpark, I'm not sure if this is independent of the airport or what. It is the area where the old airport building is. I have to travel again tomorrow and won't have the time to be calling them up as I want to use the landline to avoid extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Were you back within the 3 days though ? What time did you enter the carpark and what time did you exit ? You could have encroached onto a second week ? It's also possible the 20 quid was just reserved on your card to confirm the funds were available and could be released soon ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Were you back within the 3 days though ? What time did you enter the carpark and what time did you exit ? You could have encroached onto a second week ? It's also possible the 20 quid was just reserved on your card to confirm the funds were available and could be released soon ?

Ken

I entered the times/dates online- it was for 2 nights but they put it to cover 3 full days to cover everything. I'm gonna find out after the bank holiday weekend anyway, and like a fool I have to use it again tomorrow. :(:(:(

• Advertisement

As I'm booking it again for tomorrow, I've noticed that they ask for your credit card number and that you use that card in the machine. There's also a section for a second card and I filled that out last time, but I realise now that by filling it out, I was telling them that that was the card that I was going to bring/use in the machine, hence being charged twice. I find this ridiculous as it's not worded clearly on the website that you shouldn't fill out info for a 2nd card.

Do you think I have a leg to stand on?

Sorry, I'm obsessed!! Just realised that since I used the Laser as the second card, then why was the €30 charge on the credit card statement?? So again, I'm puzzled. I'll just have to ring and bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

kaji wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm obsessed!! Just realised that since I used the Laser as the second card, then why was the €30 charge on the credit card statement?? So again, I'm puzzled. I'll just have to ring and bitch!

Why ring and bitch?? - You'll get nowhere.

Ring and explain calmly and it will be sorted quickly.

I never understand why people bitch on the the ohone and think they'll get what they want - in my business I'd just put the phone down on you and wait till you become civil and then do the absolutle minimum I need to do to correct it.

If you are nice and polite you might get somethig extra.

Being nice and polite costs nothing.

People and machines do make mistakes sometimes - possibly even you do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are obsessing. The only way to get information is to ring them and ask for details of the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cbee20

If you have been charged twice you can raise what's called a chargeback with your credit card company. Contact the cc company and they will contact the retailer/supplier asking to supply evidence that they have charged you correctly. If they can't do this, the cc company will refund you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Before going down the chargeback route, I would at least contact them and try to find out what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd be pretty sure they will refund you the €30, if you prove you paid online and were billed separately in addition.

Advertisement