Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gun stopped working!

• 28-03-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Right I have a G&G L85 and everything was working fine, until yesterday. I put a lipo into my gun, tried to fire it and it kept firing the odd trigger pull and do nothing sometimes. I then tried my normal battery and got the same thing.

Today I tried it again but now it literally won't do anything apart from making a strange noise from the gearbox, a fairly high pitched noise.

I'm playing a game on Saturday and don't have time to hand it in to a shop, so anyone have any ideas? Would really appreciate it! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Same thing happened to me when I changed battery types, it's the Trigger Master Mosfet, all you have to do is follow the reset process in that manual I sent you before and then follow the Mosfet first use process in the same

Changing battery types is covered in that manual too ;)

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Same thing happened to me when I changed battery types, it's the Trigger Master Mosfet, all you have to do is follow the reset process in that manual I sent you before and then follow the Mosfet first use process in the same

Changing battery types is covered in that manual too ;)

Hope this helps :)

Ah ****e, I'm after removing the manual from my bookmarks. Are you able to explain to me what to do? I remember it being really complicated :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Every time you connect a battery to any AEG fitted with a trigger master MOSFET you have to follow the start up procedure.
    Once battery is connected you should hear/feel a short buzz and then a longer buzz, after that you need to dry fire the AEG on semi four times.
    You must depress the trigger fully (no half pulls).

This basically trains the MOSFET to the battery supplied and the motors usage.

Probably best to do a factory reset and start again.

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Every time you connect a battery to any AEG fitted with a trigger master MOSFET you have to follow the start up procedure.
    Once battery is connected you should hear/feel a short buzz and then a longer buzz, after that you need to dry fire the AEG on semi four times.
    You must depress the trigger fully (no half pulls).

This basically trains the MOSFET to the battery supplied and the motors usage.

Probably best to do a factory reset and start again.

What he said and here are the manuals - http://unconventional-airsoft.com/products-and-support/

Just cannot remember which manual it is :o

• Advertisement

I think it was a trigger master 3!

I think it was a trigger master 3!

That's it and not sure if it had 2.2 or not on the underside, so hopefully the reset is generic :)

Right thanks for the help lads, really appreciate it. I've been reading this and attempting to fix it. Here's my current problem:

I'm trying to do a factory reset on it, when I do the 8 pulses and hold the trigger down I can hear it reseting. Then when I plug it back in I'm meant to fire off 5 shots in semi, however it won't let me, as it just makes a high pitched noise, like a beeping sound. Any idea why?

Just to clarify you enter the programme mode by plugging in the battery and as soon as you hear the first short beep you pull the trigger once? (the Aeg should be set to semi for this)

The AEG will answer with 3 short vibrations. (did this happen?)
    At this point you need to pull the trigger 8 times.
    The AEG will answer with 8 short vibrations.
    As soon as the 8 vibrations have finished you must pull and hold the trigger immediately until you hear a long vibration.

The AEG will not do anything now at this point. You must disconnect the battery and then re connect it and do the normal start up procedure.
    Plug in battery.
    Wait for short vibration and then the long vibration.
    Pull the trigger 5 times on semi.

Should be good to go then.

• Advertisement

Right, thanks for the help, really appreciate it. I've tried doing as you say, however it doesn't seem to allow me to pull the trigger 8 times, I have to wait until it cycles through them, but anyway when I hold it down it makes a long vibration. Then when I start it up as normal and attempt to do the 5 shots on semi it won't allow me to do it, as it makes a high pitched sound. Any idea why? Also the AEG doesn't answer with 3 shots vibrations as you said it would at the very start!

If it doesn't answer correctly from the start the rest of the actions will mean nothing.

Can you check that it is definately the TMIII unit you have?
    Just I think some earlier models differed slightly with the programming.

I have used a couple of the TMIII's and they are extremely reliable.

Okay, I think it may be the low battery that is causing the problem. I'm gonna' charge it up for tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help dude, really appreciate it!

No problem at all.
    Let me know what happens once your battery is fully charged?
    Thanks

Hey Rob2593

How did you get on?

Sorry lads completely forgot to let you guys know what happened. Basically I think it was due to the battery being low. I had no means of charging it at the time. So once it was fully charged I put it in, reset the mosfet and it worked 100%. Thanks for your help lads, really made my life a lot easier!

Advertisement