Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowie Top 20 albums - NME

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's all subjective, so it'll never be "right" unless you just organise it yourself.
    I'd definitely have Space Oddity and Lets Dance in the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's all subjective, so it'll never be "right" unless you just organise it yourself.
    I'd definitely have Space Oddity and Lets Dance in the top 10.

Let's Dance has three excellent opening songs then it falls away.

TBH: I've never listened much to first two albums - I do love Black County Rock. Hunky Dory is where he got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think Lets Dance is great, but can understand why people wouldn't like it.
    But listen to Space Oddity (David Bowie), for me it's a toss up between that and Ziggy Stardust as his best album. Cygnet Committee, Letter to Hermoine, Space Oddity, Memory of a Free Festival, Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed are all amazing songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

So "The Next Day" is not his debut album. Wow. Never heard of him before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am boring people to death, repeating that one of my favourite Bowie albums is the soundtrack to Buddha of Suburbia, a mini TV series for which David Bowie wrote the music. It would be in my favourite Bowie albums - Let's Dance as well, I think overall is a great album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Replace the top 3 with Low, Diamond Dogs and Scary Monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Its important to differentiate between what is his best albums and what your favourite albums are.

His best are probably Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Low.

My particular favourites are Young Americans, Ziggy Stardust & Heathen.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

poundhound wrote: »
    Its important to differentiate between what is his best albums and what your favourite albums are.

His best are probably Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Low.

My particular favourites are Young Americans, Ziggy Stardust & Heathen.

Young Americans sounds unique. Low and Heroes are the same body of work. Hunky Dory had all the Spiders playing together before Ziggy.
    I think Side 1 (Young Americans, Win, Fascination and Right) is perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Very difficult to choose and, of course, it's all subjective.

I think Station to Station or Low are his closest to perfection.

Advertisement