Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannot view rte news

Options
  • 28-03-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Can people view this

Recently when i go to rte there is no video and the timer says 00:00/00:00:00 inferring there is no video

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Turn off adblock if you have it installed. edit/ I can view it fine btw

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Turn off adblock if you have it installed. edit/ I can view it fine btw
    got it thanks. is there no way to have it work with adblock? I had to disable on rte.ie not 'on this page only'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Yeah I know it's gammy, hope that sort of thing doesn't catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Yeah I know it's gammy, hope that sort of thing doesn't catch on.
    Adblock looking at letting sites through (for money) on a white list basis at the min, only ads that meet it's good ad criteria. No flash/jumping etc.

Could be seeing lots more soon...or you'll have to change to dif plugin.:pac:

Adblock looking at letting sites through (for money) on a white list basis at the min, only ads that meet it's good ad criteria. No flash/jumping etc.

Could be seeing lots more soon...or you'll have to change to dif plugin.:pac:
    dif plugin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

LoveCoke wrote: »
    dif plugin?
    Yea, I'm lazy.

Different plugin. If they remove the option to block these ads they are on for white listing, I can see people drop adblock for something else.

They're looking for a third of whatever Reddit makes on ads apparently. Once they get a taste for that, that white list will snowball. Ads everywhere and their criteria may "loosen".

Saying that I've it off by choice on most sites I visit, makeuseof had a banner display sob story one day when it detected a user with adblock, have it off on most since then.

^squeaky rabbiling out loud.

Yea, I'm lazy.

Different plugin. If they remove the option to block these ads they are on for white listing, I can see people drop adblock for something else.

They're looking for a third of whatever Reddit makes on ads apparently. Once they get a taste for that, that white list will snowball. Ads everywhere and their criteria may "loosen".

Saying that I've it off by choice on most sites I visit, makeuseof had a banner display sob story one day when it detected a user with adblock, have it off on most since then.

^squeaky rabbiling out loud.
    link to plugin?

Advertisement