Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Touch] Issue with page numbers

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭

Page number buttons not working on Touch Android. Only happened after update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

+1 I can only look at page 1 on every thread on touch.boards.ie on my Windows phone 7.8 using IE9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Also, just to add another issue to this. When I click next page in a thread, I get a loading wheel, but it doesn't load, I have to hit refresh to view the next page.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Same problem. The page numbers are very unresponsive since the update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

On the subject of page numbers - would there be any chance these could be put at the top of the page too - or even just a jump to last page button.

When you click into a thread particularly from an email and it lands you into the first page it's a pain in the ass to have to scroll all the way down to navigate to the page number section before hitting the last page link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

The second/further pages on threads do not work until you refresh the page. Clicking on the number gives you the screen attached and only one post ever loads. Refreshing the page loads it properly. This is happening all over the site.

Running safari on iPhone 4S. Tried deleting all settings without success

• Advertisement

Can you fix the page number problem please? It's making browsing through pages very difficult, where has the last/next button gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hey folks,

We've re-enabled the inline page loading on touch with some improvements. If you experience any issues please clear the cache and try again before reporting here with your device model and software version, browser name & version and if possible a screenshot of the issue or links to threads where it's happening.

Android 2.x support will be added in the coming days, for now it functions as it did on the old touch.

With regards to the previous/next buttons beside the list of pages they no longer have text on them but are still there.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Danny, its a Nokia lumia 800 Windows 7.5 and it is the same issue that arose for me in the past 7 days but was resolved at that time.
    I can see my menus as normal. However like others here my page numbers are unresponsive. I can open a thread but can't move from the page that opens.

You ask what happens? Nothing happens. The page doesn't even try to move. Refresh just reopens the page i opened into. The only place I can go without posting is back out of the thread. If I want to get to the last page I have to post on the thread, at which stage i am brought all the way to the end irrespective of how many pages in between, and yet again i can't move.... Hence why I couldn't see your request to direct issues here until I had posted. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Page numbers and Previous/Next buttons still not working for me, using Dolphin 9.3.2 or stock browser on Android ics. Have cleared cache etc.

Adyx wrote: »
    Page numbers and Previous/Next buttons still not working for me, using Dolphin 9.3.2 or stock browser on Android ics. Have cleared cache etc.

I'm posting on touch now on ICS with Dolphin which I just downloaded, no page issues at all. Same for stock browser and Chrome. Does anything happen when you click the page number (it must be the number and not the box surrounding it)

• Advertisement

I'm posting on touch now on ICS with Dolphin which I just downloaded, no page issues at all. Same for stock browser and Chrome. Does anything happen when you click the page number (it must be the number and not the box surrounding it)
    The number is underlined while I press it, but that's it. I've attached a screenshot. In the meantime I'll try a few other browsers.

Edit: I've just tried a new install of Opera Mobile and it's the same. The number does seem to highlight in Opera, but nothing else happens when I press the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same as all the above. Whatever you did from home or whatever on Good Friday (I think?) sorted the problem over the weekend but since 4ish on Tuesday (exact time on other thread) when ye started testing again the problem just came back.

Galaxy Y. Opera Mini 2.3

It seems to work intermittently if I double click. Takes a couple of goes sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Call me Al wrote: »
    Danny, its a Nokia lumia 800 Windows 7.5 and it is the same issue that arose for me in the past 7 days but was resolved at that time.
    I can see my menus as normal. However like others here my page numbers are unresponsive. I can open a thread but can't move from the page that opens.

You ask what happens? Nothing happens. The page doesn't even try to move. Refresh just reopens the page i opened into. The only place I can go without posting is back out of the thread. If I want to get to the last page I have to post on the thread, at which stage i am brought all the way to the end irrespective of how many pages in between, and yet again i can't move.... Hence why I couldn't see your request to direct issues here until I had posted. :-)

It's working! Thanks Danny..... But no more messing around with it. lol

Call me Al wrote: »
    It's working! Thanks Danny..... But no more messing around with it. lol

I know, I managed to wrangle myself a Windows Phone and did some testing last night. Inline page loading just isn't going to work for you folks, so you're back to normal page loading - it's what you get for picking a windows phone :pac:

Regarding Opera Mobile we've pushed a change that should resolve problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yip! Working for me again.

It took a re-install of Dolphin but it's working for me too. Thanks!

Working fine for me too now

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Page numbers are appearing jumbled. Android browser.

Edit: tried to attach a screenshot but it told me I wasn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Oryx wrote: »

Yeah that's happening to me too.
    Using iPhone 4S. iOS 6.1.3

Screenshot attached.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Oryx wrote: »

Yea same here, iPhone - Safari - 5.1.1

1365346187.6954.iPicit.jpg

The above issue was resolved last week.

We've also pushed some changes live this morning that makes the entire page box clickable and not just the page number - it should be less fiddly to change pages now :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Just bumping this because I'm having the exact same issue, also with an iphone 4 on ios 6.1.

Attached screenshots, hope they come up!

Just bumping this because I'm having the exact same issue, also with an iphone 4 on ios 6.1

Tried to attach screenshots but it won't let me?

It just shows a loading circle thing, it shows 1 post on the page and no page buttons at the bottom. Only way to view page is to refresh.

Screenshot

Screenshot 2

Can those with issues when changing pages please confirm they are still having them? We deployed some changes to inline page loading today that should resolve most if not all of issues.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Still getting it intermittently yesterday/day before but haven't noticed today

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Still getting them too. I sometimes get a null please reload page error message which is new. I still have the problem with page numbers. They never appear on an inline loaded page.

• Advertisement

Yeah still having the same problem, and getting the null error message too now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement