Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 Staff Attacked at Blanch Centre

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Just coming home from the cinema and heard this on the radio. I saw the big red road hog from FM104 broadcasting earlier and thought nothing more of it. However, after catching a few minutes of the Phoneshow, it seems local youths targetted and attacked staff from the radio station who were giving out Easter Eggs.

Does anyone know anymore on this? What started it etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Pubs closing tomorrow lads boozed up on the lash thinking there mad lads acting the bollocks probably wanted Easter eggs the fit birds said no so they went mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just coming home from the cinema and heard this on the radio. I saw the big red road hog from FM104 broadcasting earlier and thought nothing more of it. However, after catching a few minutes of the Phoneshow, it seems local youths targetted and attacked staff from the radio station who were giving out Easter Eggs.

Does anyone know anymore on this? What started it etc?

heard that too,hope no one was hurt,and hopefully those involved get caught :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is horrendous. I am shocked and disgusted.

But I do wish the FM104 people did not say Blanchardstown and actually named the specific place. Blanchardstown is a big area. And from my reading of that fb page it was Whitestown?? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

amdublin wrote: »

But I do wish the FM104 people did not say Blanchardstown and actually named the specific place. Blanchardstown is a big area. And from my reading of that fb page it was Whitestown?? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

But it happend in blanchardstown???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

amdublin wrote: »

Maybe because everyone knows where Blanch is but most people don't know where Whitestown is. I'd never heard of the place before you posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

They were parked on the slip road coming into the shopping centre
    At mc Donald's drive through, I drove by them , saw the FM104 cars handing out eggs to a long queue of waiting motorists, tuned in on the radio , drove on, then 5 minutes later this was announced....shocking to say the least. Don't know if you heard him but one of the gang that attacked them actually rang into the station Shortly afterwards and said he attacked him because he was a scumbag (these were his words).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

Not excusing the absolute pieces of sh1t that carried out the attack, but one of the presenters on the show (Jeremy) is constantly making sarcastic remarks about certain areas in Dublin (Blanchardstown included) and running the areas down. I couldn't care less personally but some people are understandably sensitive about their area being consistently run down on the most listened to night-time talk show in Dublin. To be honest I don't think this is the last we'll see of attacks on that radio station and it's staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

According to the Dublin People this happened in Hartstown? http://www.dublinpeople.com/article.php?id=2243&l=100
    That's not right is it?

Rockn wrote: »
    According to the Dublin People this happened in Hartstown? http://www.dublinpeople.com/article.php?id=2243&l=100
    That's not right is it?
    No it's not. It happened on the Blanch Road South. I'd consider it Blakestown before Hartstown.

Even after a taxi man told them the road name, they still proceeded to call it Blakestown Way. You'd think they'd spend 5 mins on Google Maps before heading out of the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Rockn wrote: »
    That's not right is it?

It happened at the yellow mark on the attached map which is on the slip road into the shopping center near the McDonalds drive thru.

Advertisement