Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessibility of touch.boards.ie

Options
  • 29-03-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hope alright to post this here

I have noticed some changes in the touch version of the site over the last day or so, and not for the better unfortunately. I use the site with my iphone with voice over which is the built in screen reader as I am totally blind. Previous to this it was extremely accessible, apart from the fact that I could not post anonomously due to captchas which i was told would be worked on. anyway, now there is a bit of an accessibility issue
    When I am browsing the site, there are a few links which are now not labeled. I can browse because I know what the link should be because it was labeled before, but if I were a new member with this problem I would not be able to get around the site so just wondering if this can be fixed?
    Thanks and hope was okay to post this here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi,

It's perfectly fine to post here. Can you please describe the links that used to be labelled but are not now - is it the reply button? the page changing buttons? Or perhaps it's something else - please let us know and we'll try getting them labelled to restore accessibility.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi,

It's perfectly fine to post here. Can you please describe the links that used to be labelled but are not now - is it the reply button? the page changing buttons? Or perhaps it's something else - please let us know and we'll try getting them labelled to restore accessibility.

Danny

hi
    Apologies for not posting again before now, I have been away for a few days, and left my bt keyboard here so couldn't post.
    It is the "browse forums" link which is not labeled. not sure if this is the exact text of the link, but something like this.
    Hope it can be resolved, and thanks for being open to feedback re accessibility

Hi Afterglow,

We've updated the header of the touch site so the link to Browse Forums should be labelled - can you confirm? Is there anything else that you think would help the accessibility of touch?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi Afterglow,

We've updated the header of the touch site so the link to Browse Forums should be labelled - can you confirm? Is there anything else that you think would help the accessibility of touch?

Danny

Hi
    Again apologies for not writing before now. The link works great thanks. Also the home page link is now labeled which is fantastic.
    Thanks so much for resolving this issue. Site is now fullly accessible again :)

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi
    Again apologies for not writing before now. The link works great thanks. Also the home page link is now labeled which is fantastic.
    Thanks so much for resolving this issue. Site is now fullly accessible again :)

No worries about the slowness of your response and thanks for getting back to us. I'm delighted we were able to improve the touch site to your satisfaction and if you have anything like this in the future then please don't hesitate to start up a dialogue with us here in Site Development :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement