Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wipe IPOD for new itunes account?

• 29-03-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭

So my old home computer gave up the ghost along with everything on it.

I downloaded the most recent itunes on to my new laptop. Now when i try to link my old ipod to the new itunes it tells me i have to wipe my ipod to download the new podcasts i want to have on my Ipod. You cannot have more than one library of music.

So do i have to wipe the 850 songs/podcasts/videos to download the 11 new podcasts i want now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

mfceiling wrote: »
    So my old home computer gave up the ghost along with everything on it.

I downloaded the most recent itunes on to my new laptop. Now when i try to link my old ipod to the new itunes it tells me i have to wipe my ipod to download the new podcasts i want to have on my Ipod. You cannot have more than one library of music.

So do i have to wipe the 850 songs/podcasts/videos to download the 11 new podcasts i want now?

Im sure Apple do this to stop file sharing. Have you got your music on a hard drive you could plug into your computer then you could safely wipe and start again ? And the new iTunes will sync with the laptop music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

aodhan2 wrote: »
    Im sure Apple do this to stop file sharing. Have you got your music on a hard drive you could plug into your computer then you could safely wipe and start again ? And the new iTunes will sync with the laptop music.

Unfortunately not....wouldn't be the most technically minded...have to buy another Ipod (hardly!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Google sharepod, its free software that copies the music from your iPod to your pc, then import that music into iTunes and you won't lose it when it wipes the iPod.

Advertisement