Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just watched the hunger games last night and he was in it. Shocking that he was only 46 too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Richard Bull dies, age 89.

NelsOleson.jpg

Best known as the storekeeper in Little House on the Prairie.

Richard, who also starred as Doc on the popular seriesVoyage to the Bottom of the Sea, made nearly 100 film and TV appearances in his lifetime, including Highway to Heaven (alongside his Little House co-star Michael Landon), Bonanza, The Andromeda Strain and Designing Women. His last role before his death was as Sheriff Smoot in the 2008 film Witness Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shirley Temple dies aged 85. RIP

showbiz-shirley-temple-black-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sid Caesar has died, aged 91.

112-3_zps862aabdf.jpg

Star of both television and the big screen, he's most famous for his portrayal of Coach Calhoun in Grease. I've seen that film way too many times!

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

Ralph Waite (papa Walton) dies aged 85
    140213221600-ralph-waite---restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Goodnight Jim Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Roger Lloyd-Pack passed away today. RIP.

He played one of the greatest tv characters of all time in Trigger from only fools and horses

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Dermighty wrote: »

Trigger?? The man who saved the council money with his broom of 20 years!

Dermighty wrote: »

If you don't know I'm not explaining!

adflyer-baydf-125646-1.jpgBf-94W0IgAATQDQ.jpg

John Henson who followed in his late father's footsteps as a puppeteer for the Muppets died aged 48.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEK8rhz2DJEw6SjpeY7aaHTpcvKd8ObQbOn6_OPuZ5OtBVjCFfYQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

John Henson who followed in his late father's footsteps as a puppeteer for the Muppets died aged 48.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEK8rhz2DJEw6SjpeY7aaHTpcvKd8ObQbOn6_OPuZ5OtBVjCFfYQ

Very sad, him and his father both died at such a young age.

• Advertisement

Far from one of the greatest tv characters of all time.

Harold Ramis, Best-known as an actor for 'Ghostbusters', 'Stripes', writer/director for 'Caddyshack', 'Groundhog Day' died today aged 69

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

That is sad. I liked him, he was very funny in a weird way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very much an amiable hack but many more acclaimed writer/directors have worse CVs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mike65 wrote: »
    Very much an amiable hack but many more acclaimed writer/directors have worse CVs

I think Groundhog Day elevates him above hack level, but there sure are a fair few turkeys on his CV alright.

RIP Egon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭brevity

Just heard on the news, very sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think Groundhog Day elevates him above hack level, but there sure are a fair few turkeys on his CV alright.

RIP Egon.

It's a perfect movie in my opinion. That alone with writing ghostbusters puts him in a special place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

RIP Egon.

Sad news indeed.
    +1 for Groundhog Day.

An honourable mention too for National Lampoons Vacation.....perhaps it's a little dated now, but was good for laughs back in the 80s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I loved him in stripes and ghostbusters, great childhood memories watching those films and I watch them from time to time today, Groundhog Day, fantastic stuff aswell. Rip Harold ramis.
    A do run run run a do run run.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's a perfect movie in my opinion. That alone with writing ghostbusters puts him in a special place.

only Andy McDowell's awfulness detracts from Groundhog Day, otherwise its perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

I quite liked The Ice Harvest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭MfMan

Malcolm Tierney. Appearances in Braveheart and In The Name Of The Father. Very good as a slimy rival dealer to Ian McShane in Lovejoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just heard about harold ramis myself.

what a loss. lad basically invented the format for comedies of the 80s that others ran with and refined.

guess thats he end of that new ghostbusters film then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

1619452_10203151891259184_249787977_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same here, can't believe it when i saw this link & that he was involved in directing/writing all these films, as i knew he was involved in probably his best feature Groundhog Day, as i try to watch that every Feb 2 :)
    Dr. Egon Spengler:
    I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.

Winston Zeddemore:
    What do you mean, big?

Dr. Egon Spengler:
    Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

Winston Zeddemore:
    That's a big Twinkie.
    http://www.moviefanatic.com/slideshows/ghostbusters-favorite-quotes/big-twinkie/

just heard about harold ramis myself.

what a loss. lad basically invented the format for comedies of the 80s that others ran with and refined.

guess thats he end of that new ghostbusters film then.

Afaik Dan Ackroyd was involved in writing it as well as Ivan Reitman's son, when asked if Bill Murray was gonna join, he said he was too busy playing golf!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

Damn.

Recently seen Groundhog Day, on Groundhog day in the Lighthouse and enjoyed it just as much as the first time, if not even more so. Seems as you get older, the things that you can relate to in that film, change with you and so it feels fresh even on repeated viewings. Which is of course the mark of a great film, but more-so I feel, the mark of really great writing.

Ramis it would seem (in one way or another) was involved in the making of lots of the movies that seemed to kept renting back in the 80s:

Animal House, National Lampoon's Vacation, Caddyshack, Meatballs, Stripes etc.

I really loved those movies and can't imagine my VHS years without them.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Some fans left these outside the 'Ghostbusters HQ' on North Moore Street in Manhattan.

BhRVPu-IIAAEtXR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

RIP Egon.

Animal House, Caddy Shack and Groundhog Day are enough to cancel out Year One and others
    12747_10200889048383487_1335241034_n.jpg

Rip egon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roger Hill from The Warriors has died - RIP

Advertisement