Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

First Blood, FX, Best Seller, Silverado all terrific Dennehy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Think he was in Coocon(1985) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

Thought he was great in To Catch a Killer (the story of John Wayne Gacy)

RIP Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 86,133 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He played villains really well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think he lived in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RIP. Superb actor, did some very good stage work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

RIP Brian, always enjoyed his appearance in the South Park movie.

c8fc3227-c748-403b-972e-2c3ca7094911_screenshot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Too many films to mention is right.

Was lucky enough to catch him playing Bull McCabe around ten years back in The Olympia.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved Brian Dennehy one of my favorites since childhood.

I was always delighted when I saw a new Jack Reed TV film in my local video store.

I saw him in The Iceman Cometh at the Abbey back in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ah man that is a sad loss such a good actor.

• Advertisement

Was lucky enough to catch him playing Bull McCabe around ten years back in The Olympia.

RIP.

Fvck that would have been class!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Am amazing actor.
    I remember seeing him in To Catch A killer, about John Gacy.
    He so easily played the role of this evil man, that it took me ages to get him out of my mind.

Requiescat In Pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RIP, great actor thought he was fantastic as the Sheriff in First Blood and Chris Farley's Dad in Tommy Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

RIP.

Saw him "the Iceman Cometh" in the Abbey theatre alongside Donald Moffat

They had a few beers in the "Horse and Tram on Eden Quay.

Boths nice guys and Moffat was a laugh a minute.

RIP
    Big Brian

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Loved him. Cop, lawyer or alcoholic his films are brilliant. I can never remember which of the made for tv ones is which (the titles are so classic trye movie) but the Jack Reed ones stand out. A Killing in a Small Town is on youtube and also recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭MfMan

RIP.

Saw that production also in Castlebar. He was typically good in it, though the adaption was ordinary enough I thought.

Following 'Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines' I was going to include Stuart Whitman, 92, on the veterans list; however, it transpires he also passed, just a month ago. Had parts in The Commancheros, The White Buffalo, plus a couple of episodes of the A-team among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Allen Daviau, RIP.

The five-time Oscar-nominated cinematographer who worked on Steven Spielberg’s E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Empire of the Sun and The Color Purple, among many other films, died Wednesday of coronavirus. He was 77.

Daviau died at the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital, the fourth resident at the facility to die of the virus.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/allen-daviau-dead-e-t-the-extra-terrestrial-empire-of-the-sun-cinematographer-coronavirus-1202910470/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Phillipe Nahon who played the killer in french slasher High Tension and who also had parts in a couple of Gaspar Noe films has died.

Le_Tueur.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nice to hear Brian speak about his career and his own Mortality:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

220px-Irrfan_Khan_May_2015.jpg

Irrfan Khan has died aged 53 of cancer. He was known outside India for roles in Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi, and Jurassic World.

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/celebrities/story/irrfan-dies-at-53-in-mumbai-1672361-2020-04-29

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Irrfan Khan has died aged 53 of cancer. He was known outside India for roles in Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi, and Jurassic World.

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/celebrities/story/irrfan-dies-at-53-in-mumbai-1672361-2020-04-29

Awww no :( I just heard that. I really liked him a lot. Lovely atmosphere about him.

Gynoid wrote: »
    Awww no :( I just heard that. I really liked him a lot. Lovely atmosphere about him.

Such a Pi-ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

He was also terrific in season 3 of In Treatment, a lesser known HBO show starring Gabriel Byrne. Hugely talented actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭serfboard

According to that website, his 95-year old mother only died last Saturday.

He had wonderful screen presence, once of those guys who just draws attention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

He was fantastic in Jurassic World. He cuts a great classical heroic figure as he pilots the helicopter out... and then disaster - the ropiest CGI helicopter I've seen in a big budget movie in years.

Talvar is on Netflix. I see it mentioned on lists of his best movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

He had wonderful screen presence, once of those guys who just draws attention

I saw one tribute describe him as having a philosophical style of acting. Which I think describes it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Sorry to hear, he was quite so young still.
    Liked him also in The Namesake where he plays the father, and in The Lunchbox which is such a gentle movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭serfboard

otnomart wrote: »
    Liked him also in The Namesake where he plays the father, and in The Lunchbox which is such a gentle movie.
    Thanks for posting that - I didn't realise that it was him that was in The Lunchbox.

The Lunchbox is a good gentle romance - well worth a watch. (I think that it's a remake of an American film, but I can't remember which one). It had been on Netflix, but I don't think that it is any longer.

Nimrat Kaur who plays the woman in it, also has a role as an ISI agent in Homeland - and she said that it was her role in The Lunchbox that got her the role in Homeland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,643 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nice tribute from Tom Hanks, not delivered on his death but in an earlier interview.

EWx-ieiX0AEKKyh?format=jpg&name=medium

Advertisement