Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a really good budget moisturiser?

• 29-03-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Right a question ladies. I have been very bold lately and havent had time to be putting on moisturiser as a result of this and the terrible weather we have been having my skin is parched especially around tops of cheeks and eyes I have combination skin so I dont want anything too greasy. Ideally a cheapish one as I am broke and money is tight :o( My ideal moisturiser is a non greasy, non sticky cream that has an spf not too expensive and will offer really good hydration my skin is so tight cos I have heating on 24/7 at home which is a killer on skin. I am on hols in a month and I want to have nice baby soft skin :wv

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Beauty :)

I love Nivea's Daily Essentials Day Cream, and it has SPF 15 too.

If my skin is really dry, I use Aqueous Cream or Silcock's Base and slap it on at night time. It's very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Aldi do a range for around €3-4 and it always gets rave reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

miss choc wrote: »
    Right a question ladies. I have been very bold lately and havent had time to be putting on moisturiser as a result of this and the terrible weather we have been having my skin is parched especially around tops of cheeks and eyes I have combination skin so I dont want anything too greasy. Ideally a cheapish one as I am broke and money is tight :o( My ideal moisturiser is a non greasy, non sticky cream that has an spf not too expensive and will offer really good hydration my skin is so tight cos I have heating on 24/7 at home which is a killer on skin. I am on hols in a month and I want to have nice baby soft skin :wv

I'd recommend boots botanics oil free one. Costs bout €5, but is often on offer. Really light formula that sinks in quickly. Smells like mandarins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Twee. wrote: »
    Thread moved to Beauty :)

I love Nivea's Daily Essentials Day Cream, and it has SPF 15 too.

If my skin is really dry, I use Aqueous Cream or Silcock's Base and slap it on at night time. It's very cheap.

+1 for Nivea's Daily Essentials and it is half price in Dunnes at the moment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Really like boots cucumber range when on a budget..would not reccomend the botanicsl oil free range though many have found it good it did nothing for my skin..I have combo dehydrated skin however..so may be good as a moisturiser if skin isn't too parched

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Layinghen wrote: »
    +1 for Nivea's Daily Essentials and it is half price in Dunnes at the moment:D

This is the one I've used and I've tried all kinds at all prices over the years and this is by far the best imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got a good Johnston one in my local supermarket recently. It was in a clear and pink jar.

If you skin is very dry use an exfoilator first. I suggest the simple one if you don't want to spend too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I like the new L'Oreal Moisture Match range. I got the gel formula for dull skin. Sinks in really well and doesn't leave my skin shiny or tight.

+1 for the Johnson's range. I used the hydrating one and was v. impressed. Bargain buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Hmm seems like a toss up between the Johnsons and Nivea essentials then thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I have really sensitive, dry skin and I find the Lidl Q10 moisturiser is excellent. I previously used Elizabeth Arden but actually find the Lidl stuff better, and it's a bargain at under €3!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Crap I did a rushed shop in there today I had it in my head people had been saying the Aldi one got rave reviews always mixing up those shops. I must keep and eye out for it thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Nivea or Olay have good, cheaper, moisturisters - both brands get my thumbs up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

+ for the Boots Cucumber but if you have sensitive skin id stay away.. La Roche Possay something K cream is great for all, think it is about €12 but it last forever all you need is a tiny bit.. I know you said a non greasy cream but you could always try the coconut cream you get just standard stuff in the pharmacy and a tiny bit goes a long way. If you put it on about an hour before makeup it would be soaked in and walla super soft skin.Also good for removing eye makeup and feet and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Boots vitamin e cream is the only moisturiser I've continuously repurchased, it's two for a fiver for their vit e range and they do a night cream too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I love the Aldi Lacura Q10 serum. It's about a fiver. The texture is somewhere between a gel and a cream and it's light as a feather, absolutely no greasiness or residue whatsoever, I can put on my make-up literally two minutes.

As it's a serum, it can be used under moisturiser as well as on its own. I use it solo, as my skin is quite oily around the t-zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

miss choc wrote: »
    cos I have heating on 24/7 at home which is a killer on skin

how about killing the heating, its seriously not that cold!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I really like Garnier Moisture Match, it smells amazing too! Can't remember how much it was but less than a tenner anyway!

Advertisement