Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i send food through post?

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

My wife who is Chinese wants to send baby milk powder to china. Does anpost allow this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I don't see anything obvious in the An Post regulations against sending it.

However, there may be something on the Chinese end which would prohibit import of such products.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

As Paul said there should be no problem with sending it. However there maybe regulations in China preventing this so check before you send it.

The other thing that I would be worried about is that Customs might open to check that the white powder is actually milk powder and not something illegal and that if they did the item would not be sterile and would need to be dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

no problem, you just need to fill out an ASD at your PO. Lots of Filipino nurses do it, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I regularly sent sds parcels for work and it's not uncommon to see Chinese looking people (trying to word that PC) sending powdered baby milk to China. That said I saw it costs a fair bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

amtc wrote: »
    no problem, you just need to fill out an ASD at your PO. Lots of Filipino nurses do it, I believe.

what is an ASD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

what is Sds and how much did they spend?

SDS is An Posts parcel / courier service.
    Sorry can't remember of the top of my head but I remember thinking it sounded like a lot. Looking at their website to send a 5kg package there is 65 registered post.

SDS closed down in 2003.
    It's just the An Post regular service now
    An ASD is an Airline Services Declaration - available at any PO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

amtc wrote: »
    SDS closed down in 2003.
    It's just the An Post regular service now
    An ASD is an Airline Services Declaration - available at any PO

Hadn't realised that they had closed down, never noticed any change in service so I'm assuming it was more if a rebranding exercise?

• Advertisement

Not if selling their depot for €50m was rebranding!

Advertisement