Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor : How's their call quality/reception?

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Thinking of switching to Meteor, was with them for 5 years until 2008, switched to O2 because I got fed up of the call quality on Meteor. My previous experience on Meteor was much; "What? Can't hear you? Can you hear me? Hello? You're breaking up there..." I'd like to think they have improved in the last 5 years!

What are they like overall now? Used to be driven crazy by calls dropping for no apparent reason despite good reception, does this still happen? Are calls clear or are there still spells in every phone call where you can't hear the other person/vice versa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Hi,
    Im with vodafone and every time I ring a Meteor number its Can you hear me now the calls breaking up ect, as for trying to contact people I know down in Charleville it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭kirving

My house has terrible Meteor reception which is a pain, but everywhere else it's fine. There's quite a difference between individual phones as regards call quality too. Some phones will sound crap no matter how good the signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Their 3G coverage has improved a good bit in recent times but dropped calls still seems to be a major issue for them, generally the only call that drops on me is to a Meteor/eMobile customer. Some of it is to do with technical reasons for their network topology but they still have a bit to do compared to Vodafone or O2 for voice call reliability.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Their customer service is hugely superior to Vodafone though. I have not experienced dropped calls but the internet can be slow sometimes.
    OP look at the Talk to forums on here and you can see the problems on each provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Get a prepay sim and test it out before you commit to anything.

Also, if you're looking for good deals maybe Tesco mobile? They're carried on O2.

Not sure if the offer still stands, but I'm only paying €35 for unlimited texts, voice & 15GB of data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

I think the best option is to see if any of your friends or family are with meteor and see if they have reception in your area.

Advertisement