Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Extractor fan problem

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Couple of weeks ago the extractor fan in the bathroom went. I bought a new one from a local hardware in Athlone and was going to replace it myself. However when I got it down, the new one doesn't match the alignment of the holes in the celing. Now I could go and drill 4 new holes for the extractor fan, but it occurred to me that I'm likely to have the same problem the next time - hence possibly 4 new holes and the celing just won't support an extractor fan weight. So I want to replace like for like. AFAIK the model thats no longer working is still being made...

its a GET gfan4t

Does anyone know of where these are stocked in the midlands?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

rn wrote: »
    Hi,
    Couple of weeks ago the extractor fan in the bathroom went. I bought a new one from a local hardware in Athlone and was going to replace it myself. However when I got it down, the new one doesn't match the alignment of the holes in the celing. Now I could go and drill 4 new holes for the extractor fan, but it occurred to me that I'm likely to have the same problem the next time - hence possibly 4 new holes and the celing just won't support an extractor fan weight. So I want to replace like for like. AFAIK the model thats no longer working is still being made...

its a GET gfan4t

Does anyone know of where these are stocked in the midlands?

Cheers

Mullingar electrical
    mullingarelectrical.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

rn wrote: »
    , the new one doesn't match the alignment of the holes in the celing. Now I could go and drill 4 new holes for the extractor fan

Just thinking out side the box if its just the mounting holes are the issue would you not drill holes in the new fan base

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Thanks Mr. Fred, but I'm not sure they do the GET fan, because when I go to complete the order online it defaults to "standard timed extractor fan" with no mention of model. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. Anyone know of anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

If you've no joy there you'll find them online here's one from a quick search.

http://www.extractorfanworld.co.uk/get-gfan4t-100mm-extractor-fan-with-timer-1101-p.asp

If they won't ship to your address in the Republic you could always use parcel motel the first couple of deliveries are free.

http://www.parcelmotel.com

Advertisement