Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend recieved LPT demand but doesn't own a property

Options
  • 29-03-2013 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

I let my friend use my business address for postal reasons when he moved back down the country. He used to work for us. The problem is the revenue think, reasonably enough, that he lived here which he didn't. What does he/I need to do to set the record straight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Assuming you pay commercial rates on the entire property, your friend fills in the form and at section A at the point "If this property is EXEMPT insert exemption type in this box and go to section C" and they would insert he letter "K" for "Properties fully subject to commercial rates". Adding your name and PPSN and correcting the address if there are any errors would also be useful.

Section C, the declaration would need to be signed also.

Note that some properties will be liable to rates for part and LPT for part, e.g. a residence attached to a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

holyhead wrote: »
    I let my friend use my business address for postal reasons when he moved back down the country. He used to work for us. The problem is the revenue think, reasonably enough, that he lived here which he didn't. What does he/I need to do to set the record straight.

He shouldn't fill in the form . He needs to tell Revenue that he is not the owner and tell them that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

holyhead wrote: »
    The Revenue official running the LPT was on the radio yesterday dealing with just this question.

Her advise was just to contact Revenue telling them that he doesn't own the property (and who does).
    Otherwise they will raise an assessment and proceed to collection. Your friend would eventually get a refund, but who needs that hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ogham wrote: »
    He shouldn't fill in the form . He needs to tell Revenue that he is not the owner and tell them that you are.
    Filling in the form is probably the best way of telling revenue this. There is space to add another person's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Fair enough - I didn't realise there was a space for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement