Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest Document to bring into French Oral for Ordinary Level and is it necessary?

• 29-03-2013 1:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

So what would be the easiest Document you can bring into a french oral for ordinary level and do you have to bring one in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

There isn't an easy /hard one , it's supposed to be a topic that you find easy or interesting to talk about and a topic you are capable of talking about in english and then in french. You do not have to bring one in! it is often used by either people who want to boost their grade as high as possible , it shows an examiner you are interested or those who find conversation hard- it can be a break as you can learn some stuff off , personally i am not doing one , its up to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    There isn't an easy /hard one , it's supposed to be a topic that you find easy or interesting to talk about and a topic you are capable of talking about in english and then in french. You do not have to bring one in! it is often used by either people who want to boost their grade as high as possible , it shows an examiner you are interested or those who find conversation hard- it can be a break as you can learn some stuff off , personally i am not doing one , its up to you.

So far all I've learned for my Oral exam is about my town school family myself and house is that good enough do you guys think?

fontdor wrote: »
    So far all I've learned for my Oral exam is about my town school family myself and house is that good enough do you guys think?

Thats a good start! but you would also need to know weekend/ next year , what you hope to do in college , summer holidays and by yourself did you include birthday/ past times,friends,job-pocket money, chores

Thats a good start! but you would also need to know weekend/ next year , what you hope to do in college , summer holidays and by yourself did you include birthday/ past times,friends,job-pocket money, chores

wow...... this is awkward eh no I did not include pocket money and or chores but past time and friends and birthday yes

fontdor wrote: »
    wow...... this is awkward eh no I did not include pocket money and or chores but past time and friends and birthday yes

well thats fine! you have nearly everything then , just a common question is if you have a job? if you do describe that if not they may ask you how do you get money/ do you get pocket money for helping around the house, do you do cleaning/washing up etc, this could also lead to what you spend your money on? but don't worry because it might not even go this far , if you talk about past times or whatever for longer.

• Advertisement

well thats fine! you have nearly everything then , just a common question is if you have a job? if you do describe that if not they may ask you how do you get money/ do you get pocket money for helping around the house, do you do cleaning/washing up etc, this could also lead to what you spend your money on? but don't worry because it might not even go this far , if you talk about past times or whatever for longer.

Thanks so much. Just to make sure. You need to learn things such as: Past Times, Your Town, House, School, Friends, yourself and family is that correct?

Yes.. they are the most common topics that usually always come up , usually the examiner will go in order, yourself , family , school , past times , and end with harder stuff , i don't know how good you need to be at different tenses for ordinary but i'm sure you could get asked a past like last weekend and a future like what are you hoping to do after the leaving cert, they always end on the hardest questions to help decide if you could move up a grade. Just try to talk loads on the stuff you do know, the more you talk the less questions they can ask :)

Yes.. they are the most common topics that usually always come up , usually the examiner will go in order, yourself , family , school , past times , and end with harder stuff , i don't know how good you need to be at different tenses for ordinary but i'm sure you could get asked a past like last weekend and a future like what are you hoping to do after the leaving cert, they always end on the hardest questions to help decide if you could move up a grade. Just try to talk loads on the stuff you do know, the more you talk the less questions they can ask :)

Thank You Very Much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

You don't need a document, but it is highly recommended! You could bring in a picture of you with your family, playing sport, or else maybe something unique that interests you. Yes you will have to have it prepared fairly well, as you're expected to be able to questions on it. It would give you the opportunity to speak about a topic (your document topic) you know for certain isn't going to be asked, so you could have it all prepared. But then again, it is fairly late to begin the document so you might be as well off just to focus on the general questions that may get asked, as a poster outlined above! Make sure you know your 3 basic tenses (Past, present and future) with the main verbs (like Avoir, Etre, Aller, Faire). Make sure you've prepared what you want to do in college or after school ; it's a pretty popular question. As well as that, have a short answer that you'd be able to answer to the question "How do you get on with your family?" just to be sure in-case it crops up. You have a lot prepared though, you should be grand! Bonne chance!

ray2012 wrote: »
    You don't need a document, but it is highly recommended! You could bring in a picture of you with your family, playing sport, or else maybe something unique that interests you. Yes you will have to have it prepared fairly well, as you're expected to be able to questions on it. It would give you the opportunity to speak about a topic (your document topic) you know for certain isn't going to be asked, so you could have it all prepared. But then again, it is fairly late to begin the document so you might be as well off just to focus on the general questions that may get asked, as a poster outlined above! Make sure you know your 3 basic tenses (Past, present and future) with the main verbs (like Avoir, Etre, Aller, Faire). Make sure you've prepared what you want to do in college or after school ; it's a pretty popular question. As well as that, have a short answer that you'd be able to answer to the question "How do you get on with your family?" just to be sure in-case it crops up. You have a lot prepared though, you should be grand! Bonne chance!

Thanking You for the great info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement