Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: win a copy of Sim City

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

legend-of-zelda.gif

Legend of Zelda

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

You can find a hydralisk in one of the Night Elf missions in Warcraft III:

1wLe0x7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

The game SIN had soo many easter egs, from the terminator 2 reference in the first level to the secret room with the bad girl in the jacuzzi :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

The Scarab Gun in Halo 2 just because of the amount of effort it took to get it. Took hours, you had to lure a Banshee through the tunnel and it would get stuck in every goddamn place. Then once through the tunnel hijack it, fly to the gun and have a death-ray of destruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The dancing soldiers in the lift in Crysis 2 was funny but not my favourite one. I loved the inclusion of the hatch in Just Cause 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I really like the hidden room in Zelda Link to the Past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

grimm2005 wrote: »
    There was one pretty cool one in Max Payne 2, a secret room which was basically a shrine memorial to a young guy who must have worked on the game who died
    Seems he was one of the developers of the Max Payne series who died.

=-=

Wolfenstein 3D - Pacman Easter Egg

Simcity2000 Easter Egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Before I even knew what an Easter Egg was, I found Elvis in a fruit machine!
    Urban Strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Fallout tactics : American invasion of Canada re-enactment

yGW6s6Y.png

The war re-enactment involves the participants, walking over a line drawn across the ground signifying the border, after which they proceed to celebrate by drinking heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Hitman blood money with mice boxing and playing cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Not sure if it has already been posted.

Golden Eye on the N64 ( A game that claimed many many... many of my teenage hours).

The 2nd Visit to the Bunker when you need to pick up the CCTV tape.

If you look at in your inventory....

http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Tape

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

The dopefish from commander Keen making an appearance on E2M3 in Quake

quake_dopefish_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Since I just finished it this weekend, in Max Payne 3 when the police put out a wanted sketch of you on TV it's a sketch of what the original Max Payne looked like.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Diablo II's Cows from Hell

Edit: just seen knox posted it already, I guess the Yoshi Doll in Link's Awakening was pretty cool.

The Indiana Jones fridge from Fallout new vegas is a favorite of mine,
    what a game
    what a crappy movie the Crystal skull was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seeing as it involves my namesake, I like the one from MGS4 where at a certain point in the story, Otacon calls you to tell you to change the disk, before realising you are using a Blu-Ray disk so that isn't necessary.

MetalGearSolid-1.jpg

Added kudos for starting an inadvertent flame war between console fanbois as people assumed this was a dig at the 360, rather than the intended target, the original PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

The giant golden chicken from Gears of War! Scared the **** out of me when it appeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The Pacman level in Wolfenstein 3D because it's the first Easter Egg in a game that I remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

city.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Krieg wrote: »
    Fallout tactics : American invasion of Canada re-enactment

yGW6s6Y.png

The war re-enactment involves the participants, walking over a line drawn across the ground signifying the border, after which they proceed to celebrate by drinking heavily.

remember this? ;)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Devilthorn_jacket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

The rayguns on Little Resistance for me. For two reasons.

1: It's one of the very few Easter eggs I've found on my own, derping around jumping in the craters, screaming in the traditional high pitched girly voice in co-op while everyone else stormed the beach.

2: It was part of an exploit I found to score points in the tens of millions on the co-op leaderboards and secure an unbeatable first place at the top of every single level. I was young, and I'm not proud if it... but the hundreds of rage filled messages almost made it feel worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sim City 4
    In the "Willamots Drive-In" building, you can see scenes from Simcity 2000 and 3000 in the movie screen.

Or the current Sim City: The EA ex-CEO John Riccitiello wanders around the town with "looking for a job" on his speech bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TSW2014

alej9.jpg

Just Cause Easter Egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Winners have been picked! They are zero19, Twoandahalfmen, yimsrg and Krieg. I'll be sending you a PM for your details to get them posted out to you. Thanks everyone who entered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,711 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

One more easter egg. found it on a random youtube trawl

this may be the winner.

question: WHO THE HELL THINKS TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO DECODE AN AUDIO SIGNAL IN A VIDEO GAME??!?!?!?!?!?

My mind is blownnnnnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YX6EjUVyTo8#t=647s

(starts at 10:48, or click link above)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grats winners ,enjoy the single greatest disaster in gaming history, totally broken game.
    Sorry couldnt resist :P but man what a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dcully wrote: »
    Grats winners ,enjoy the single greatest disaster in gaming history, totally broken game.
    Sorry couldnt resist :P but man what a disaster.

Is it still not working properly?? I havn't checked the main thread in a while...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well the servers are fine im hearing but all the countless other issues remain, i havent played in ages.

Advertisement