Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet advice wanted

Options
  • 29-03-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Have about €100 to spend but if I can go cheaper that would be great.

Looking for a 9" or 10" tablet.

Good screen and processor speed so it can handle streaming live sport via wifi.

Charges via USB, would probably need to support flash player.

Don't mind buying from China or Hong Kong if needed.

I'm not really well clued up on tablets so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭_mvp1_

Hey dude, i bought a 7 inch tablet from amazon for like 110euro delivered, its called NATPC. New Android Tablet PC. 1gig of ram , 16gig hdd all flash players etc. there is like over 250 reviews on amazon on this tablet if you want to read them. I also bought a 9.7 inch ployor momo bird tablet from amazon which came from china but it was like 180euro delivered but is top notch, again this has plenty of reviews to read on so good luck getting one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Many of the cheap tablets don't charge via USB, so be careful when choosing (my Ployer Momo8 doesn't which is annoying). The premium ones like the Samsung and Asus etc. all do afaik. The iPad charges via USB but won't support Flash player. While the latest version of Android does not "officially" support Flash Player anymore, installation of Flash on the devices is very straightforward. Another thing to point out with the cheaper tablets is WiFi range, some of the cheaper ones have poor to rubbish WiFi, while some are excellent. Again the reviews should be crucial for identifying this

Hope this helps :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I had a quick look at 9/10 inch tablets ,nothing half decent there within your budget .

Having said the 8 Inch screen size maybe be different story .

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Onda-V811-Amlogic-Cortex-A9-Dual-Core-8-inch-IPS-1-5GHz-IPS-Android-4-0/677801089.html

Decent enough specs , seller has loads of positive feedback .

Go for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Thanks for these lads. Can't find any reviews of your one bar the feedback Jarren, I wonder could anyone else recommend same? It's certainly promising.

Advertisement