Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card facilities issue for a new furniture store.

Options
  • 29-03-2013 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks.

Someone I know has opened a furniture store and is having a bit of trouble securing a card payment option.

He applied to Elavon (I think), and was declined as apparently it "a high risk business".

Anyone got any suggestions about who is business friendly in this area.

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Something like this work for you? https://sumup.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

Have you tried having a word with your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Whoever the busuiness uses for banking should be able to sort this for them. Did he/she apply through bank or seperately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Or this crowd, maybe: http://www.worldnettps.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

My buddy was just here again and we looked at the thread.

He is with Bank of Ireland and when approached they told him Elavon.

Then Elavon turned him down.

I have shown him the other replies and I think he is going to contact the other companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

Tell him to try other banks too I think AIB have there own system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

the risk here is that many businesses take a deposit on furniture and if the place closes you can claim your deposit back from the credit card, banks have really upped their risk profiling on retailers of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Nuttzz wrote: »
    the risk here is that many businesses take a deposit on furniture and if the place closes you can claim your deposit back from the credit card, banks have really upped their risk profiling on retailers of late

I think you are spot on there.

Something along those lines was mentioned alright.

I guess the fact his predecessor acted the maggot a bit doesnt help his case.

I will report back with his progress.

Cheers everyone.

Advertisement