Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.C.P.S.A AGM 2013

• 29-03-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just wondering if anybody has any news on last nights I.C.P.S.A AGM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Well it was eye opening to say the least. Membership numbers are well down has about 550 members of which about 80 are life members. The association lost alot of money last year and is due to lose alot more this year by the sounds of it with tribunal costs due, along with the drop in membership and participation at reg shoots at an all time low levies will be well down. The future does not look too good as the auditor said if the association continues to lose money at the rate it is it would probably have a lifespan of about 3 years. There was alot more went on and alot of very vocal members letting the executive know their feelings and concerns that with some juicy emails being read out which I hear will be published in next month Shooters Digest so be sure to grab yourself a copy. All in all the future looks very bleak for the Association and I will struggle to renew my membership next year if things don't improve drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭superlite

no12 wrote: »
    Well it was eye opening to say the least. Membership numbers are well down has about 550 members of which about 80 are life members. The association lost alot of money last year and is due to lose alot more this year by the sounds of it with tribunal costs due, along with the drop in membership and participation at reg shoots at an all time low levies will be well down. The future does not look too good as the auditor said if the association continues to lose money at the rate it is it would probably have a lifespan of about 3 years. There was alot more went on and alot of very vocal members letting the executive know their feelings and concerns that with some juicy emails being read out which I hear will be published in next month Shooters Digest so be sure to grab yourself a copy. All in all the future looks very bleak for the Association and I will struggle to renew my membership next year if things don't improve drastically.

I loved being a member of the ICPSA and enjoy shooting, its my number one past time/sport.I felt i couldnt join the ICPSA this year as to the goings on and voted with my feet as did a whole lot of people. Change couldnt happen within so it has to happen without. In my opinion although I dont like to see the way its happening, the sooner the better it collapses so a new fairer,united association can be resurrected. the ICPSA has done a lot of good work in the past and if steered in the right direction will do so in the future for all its members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 pnudj

Have to agree Superlite, I paid my membership back in January , and because of the "goings on" , I have not attended any registered shoots. As it stands I won't be renewing it next year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 UKShooter

Men the only answer to all this is to stick ones head so far in the sand that you and can tiggle the bottom of a Kangaroo. Then suspend anything that looks cross ways at you. Its like what happens when you put rats in a barrell. Then there was one.

UKS

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Anyone interested in what happened at the AGM should get this months Shooters Digest it's all there the whole 12 pages of it. Enjoy (Cyber Wave) -> Howya John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Barrelat75

Hi No12,
    I've just been out and bought the Irish Shooters Digest and wow, what a sorry mess the organisation is in.
    It's hard to believe that one persons stupid actions and subsequent pig headedness can detroy an 80 year old institution. I certainly will not pay another cent untill it's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭stoeger2000

Barrelat75 wrote: »
    Hi No12,
    I've just been out and bought the Irish Shooters Digest and wow, what a sorry mess the organisation is in.
    It's hard to believe that one persons stupid actions and subsequent pig headedness can detroy an 80 year old institution. I certainly will not pay another cent untill it's sorted.

that seems to be the general consensus. can the organisation survive the bad press and poor leadership it is getting. maybe its time to disband and start afresh.

Advertisement