Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus A319 leg room

Options
  • 29-03-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I was on a flight the other day from Dublin to London Heathrow and there was an Aer Lingus A319 on the route, the most notable thing was the different Recaro seats which i guess where installed by Iberia but the Leg Room was very little it was even difficult getting into the window seat.

Do spain have different regulations for leg room than in Ireland?

I have been on the BA A319 loads of times and never noticed this leg room problem
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Are the A319's operating from Dublin now? Thought it was just Belfast ! Well lets hope EI will configure them with their own seats and so they offer the same seat pitch as their standard A320/321 cabins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They on occasion have indeed flown routes from DUB but not at all often. A friend of mine travelled on one last year and said they were quite cramped with seat pitch and space a bit like FR or EZ. However he also mentioned that there were some business class or premium economy style seating with more room in the first 10 or so rows which he unfortunately didn't get assigned.

What is the current status or plans for the A319s ? It it still 2 in service with 2 pending ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Strumms wrote: »
    They on occasion have indeed flown routes from DUB but not at all often. A friend of mine travelled on one last year and said they were quite cramped with seat pitch and space a bit like FR or EZ. However he also mentioned that there were some business class or premium economy style seating with more room in the first 10 or so rows which he unfortunately didn't get assigned.

What is the current status or plans for the A319s ? It it still 2 in service with 2 pending ?

Someone else said two to arrive in May?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

What swat Pitch are they? Most Iberia stuff I thought was 32" like Aer Lingus.

Easyjet are the smallest I've been on at 29" even though Ryanair is only one inch more at 30" I've always felt more cramped on Easyjet than FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LGW based 319 starts from 1 May and DUB based starts from 14 May. DUB-LGW will be the only A319 routes scheduled from DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

When i asked the crew they didn't even know that would be the plane for that day, they said it was the Belfast plane that they where taking to Heathrow to swap with the Belfast crew as the plane was in Dublin for maintenance.

From my personal experience i actually think there was more legroom on the Aerlingus Regional ATR's than there was on this A319, at bare minimum it was 28"

Does anyone know what the required space is for the exit row seats? on this plane there was loads of space but on the normal A320 my knee just about touches the seat in front of me i am 6ft 5"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yikes that sounds cramped.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

eusap wrote: »
    .....From my personal experience i actually think there was more legroom on the Aerlingus Regional ATR's than there was on this A319, at bare minimum it was 28"............."
    I do remember when EI received the ex-Iberia's A320's a few years ago they were fitted with generous legroom in the front 3rd while the other 2/3 had cramped seats. EI refitted them to normal spec after a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

from what i can find online some of the planes are still in the Iberia configuration. The first 10 rows are for business class dimensions and the rest are just cramped.

Seemly they are scheduled for a refit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I just booked seat 1A for sep 11th guess the refit will be well done by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The Aer Lingus A319 have more seats than the 'typical' configuration, 144 compared to 134. That could be a reason for less legroom.

Advertisement