Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Harrier?

• 29-03-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This is our dog Lucy. She's 5, we've had her since she was a pup.
    She's about 20 inches to shoulder, so obviously too big for a Beagel and too small for a foxhound. Short course hair and velvety "V" ears. She has a great temperment and both our kids have grown up with her, she never shows agression and is strongly motivated by food. She's grand with larger dogs but has a dislike for small dogs, I think she tries to hunt them. Her energy knows no bounds and she can run for hours, maybe days if given the chance.

Here's a video of her in the garden:
    http://youtu.be/36_bhERabgI

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Hard to tell from a video but I wouldn't think so. She seems a bit leggier to me and the face/colouring doesn't seem quite right.

Did you buy her as a purebred?

Either way, whatever she is she's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuffy_Keeta

Thanks.
    Yeah she is a bit leggy but not as much as a foxhound I don't think. We got her from a friend of a friend who told us she was a full beagle, but I would say she's not, seems too tall. She's about the same size now as her mother, her father is a bit taller.

Any suggestions as to what she is would be great.
    In case it's not clear enough in the video, she's tri-colour, black, white and tan. Tan is on sides of her face, her eyebrows, and shading on her ears.

I'll include a pic of her face, hard to get a good clear one because she never stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

She doesn't look like a full anything to me...I'd say maybe beagle crossed with lab or similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Beagle x Pointer perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lilyruby

She seems similar in build/size to my dog who is a beagle/lab x...(mother was a large type beagle maybe a foxhound)...similar traits too - spend all day fetching/running and great with kids/other dogs:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

She's not a beagle anyway, she's a cross breed of a beagle possibly. But she's not full breed of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuffy_Keeta

Toulouse wrote: »
    Beagle x Pointer perhaps?

From doing some googling (is that even a word?), this mix looks the closest match to her, although I do agree she probably has a little bit of everything in her. Then again that does sometimes make for a healthier dog, right?
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, they got me looking at some obvious mixed breeds I would never have thought of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

whatever she is, shes a smashing looking dog.
    (Would def suggest some pointer in there)
    The video was gas - does she HATE giving back that ball?!?! The way she ran STRAIGHT to the ball, but wandered off to the right before coming back, was gas :D I have to have a second ball to throw, like you do, because one of my dogs cant bear to give back the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

I say she is a lab crossed with something for sure. minute i seen face i thought def a lab crossed with something slightly smaller!!!
    I remember saying after we got our purebred lab..
    I think she is too small to be a purebred after a few months (we had papers so she obviously was) but the other half said " sure it doesnt matter what she is now, she is not going anywhere".

Advertisement