Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee and book

Options
  • 29-03-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Any good place/cafe in Cork where I can grab a coffee and read a book? I am looking for a quiet coffee place if available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There is a place on McCurtain street, dont know the name of it but tis on the side where the Fish Wife next to Cash Convertors.Only called in for a juice but was a nice small cozyish spot and they have books there that you can swop for others, take one and leave one me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

there's a new place on George's Quay, looks cosy and quiet and some serious coffee on sale. The name escapes me at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Cork Coffee Roasters on Bridge st of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

There's also the one on the South Mall, just by the Imperial Hotel. Lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dcork

Thank you all. I will have to check out some of these places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

there's a new place on George's Quay, looks cosy and quiet and some serious coffee on sale. The name escapes me at the moment though.

Its Filter, they use the golden bean coffee and badger and dojo beans, what's nice is they have three bean varieties everyday two On fresh brewed and one on a drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Fabio wrote: »
    There's also the one on the South Mall, just by the Imperial Hotel. Lovely spot.

If it's The bookshelf your on about its very nice me and a few friends from college spent an hour upstairs in the tiny room having coffee and their cakes are amazing, and very decent sized portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

would have to agree with the bookshelf.. they bake all their scones fresh in the morning & dam tasty, nice and relaxed, like you can get a boiled egg and toast as well :)

forgot about Gulpd in the triskel too. really nice in there and good music usually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I like the coffee shop in the Crawford Gallery. It can be busy at lunch time but mid morning or mid afternoon it is very pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

forgot about Gulpd in the triskel too. really nice in there and good music usually ;)

Gulpd is an anagram of Plugd, the record shop upstairs!

+1 on the Bookshelf, I popped in there recently and had a nice relaxing coffee watching the South Mall suits pass by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Is the book shelf new? I have never heard of it before. It sounds really good. I am always looking for nice places near the South Mall as I often having meetings there and time to kill.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Is the book shelf new? I have never heard of it before. It sounds really good. I am always looking for nice places near the South Mall as I often having meetings there and time to kill.

it's been open since around last summer, I think. really lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Miaireland wrote: »

was a womens clothes shop for a bit and then it closed down, and opended as a coffee shop, nice big couch/arm chairs, relaxing. no fuss about it & wifi there as well, and always a smell of baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cantdecide wrote: »
    Cork Coffee Roasters on Bridge st of course.

you'd be lucky to get a seat in there, too busy and too noisy for reading IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Filter looks really interesting to me, do they actually have filtered/drip coffee rather the everywhere americano?

So hard to get something that's not bitter to bits without drowning it in milk and syrup.

Bookshelf looks a nice spot to hole up in, been meaning to spend a morning there 'working remotely.

Martin.

Advertisement