Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of contract for a year, can i sign up as new customer to avail of new offer?

Options
  • 29-03-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

We're out of contract with eircom for about a year now. I got a phone call yesterday from a sales and she offered me the same package im on. First month 10e off but the  the rest 56e. I told her thats not much of a discount so she asked her supervisor and came back saying she can put my first bill down to 5.98e and the rest 11 months will be the same. I said sure, as we're not moving network any way.
    But later on i saw on the net there's a deal of 35e for 6 months and 50 euro for the rest , i think thats a much better value . I tried to call 1901 and the other contact number i found on eircom.net but i couldn't get through to anyone.

Can anyone tell me can i be signed up to as a new customer? The girl told me i have 7 day cooling period

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Ring back and tell thEm you want to cancel in your 7 day period, that new customers are getting x deal. Tell them to match it. If they refuse tell them to cancel the lot and sign up again. Your out of contract ages so shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

From my very recent experience with Eircom they will be more than happy to retain your business,

Call cancellations be insure you get the deal you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

We're out of contract with eircom for about a year now. I got a phone call yesterday from a sales and she offered me the same package im on. First month 10e off but the  the rest 56e. I told her thats not much of a discount so she asked her supervisor and came back saying she can put my first bill down to 5.98e and the rest 11 months will be the same. I said sure, as we're not moving network any way.
    But later on i saw on the net there's a deal of 35e for 6 months and 50 euro for the rest , i think thats a much better value . I tried to call 1901 and the other contact number i found on eircom.net but i couldn't get through to anyone.

Can anyone tell me can i be signed up to as a new customer? The girl told me i have 7 day cooling period
    Hi bluefirefly

The package you mentioned above is designed for new customers who order online and this package is not available through any other channel than online to new eircom customers, however It would be best to contact eircom cancellations on 1901 and chose option 4. Just make them aware that you are looking for better value and I'm sure they would be happy to assist.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

hi all. Called the sales number and waited for ages so i hung up. Called 1901 and pressed 4. Got someone immediately! Told dave about the 35e deal. He had to go off and ask i guess. But he gave me the deal! happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi bluefirefly

I'm glad to hear you're happy with what eircom offered, if you have anyqueries please keep in touch.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement