Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upper blackwater salmon

Options
  • 29-03-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

my first year joining the mighty blackwater for salmon but i am up quite high on it past mallow , when would i expect to see some fresh fish up that high ?

i have been down a lot over last few weeks and had some good trout but yet to see one fish i taught by now a few would have made there way up

heading down tomorrow now more than likely just trout fishing but i wonder did a few make there way up with the recent flood :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

popsy09 wrote: »
    my first year joining the mighty blackwater for salmon but i am up quite high on it past mallow , when would i expect to see some fresh fish up that high ?

i have been down a lot over last few weeks and had some good trout but yet to see one fish i taught by now a few would have made there way up

heading down tomorrow now more than likely just trout fishing but i wonder did a few make there way up with the recent flood :p

There has been a few caught up in ballyhooley and kilavullen so they are up there but it's cold at the moment so you probably won't see a fish rise anywhere
    I was on the laune today and we got a salmon and didn't see one fish all day
    Give it a go coz you won't catch them at home lol

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Last year it was taking fish 2-3days to get to our sections near Millstreet 80+km above the tidal. If the river is in flood and the water is warm they will fly up it. Saw a lovely silver 19lb'er off our section last year, about 5 miles below Millstreet.
    Last year the big May fish were high up the river and still fresh, but with the cold this year they will be very slow moving up the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

stylie wrote: »
    Last year it was taking fish 2-3days to get to our sections near Millstreet 80+km above the tidal. If the river is in flood and the water is warm they will fly up it. Saw a lovely silver 19lb'er off our section last year, about 5 miles below Millstreet.
    Last year the big May fish were high up the river and still fresh, but with the cold this year they will be very slow moving up the river.

i have put in a lot of hours but still no fish didnt even see one ha but its a long season
    i have got a lot of trout spinning so at least im kept occupied :p

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

i have put in a lot of hours but still no fish didnt even see one ha but its a long season
    i have got a lot of trout spinning so at least im kept occupied :p

Great stuff i must get out on the rivers myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 blackwater1987

Was out yesterday seen 8 fish around fermoy so with the rise in water today they should be up your way fairly soon...

• Advertisement

Was out yesterday seen 8 fish around fermoy so with the rise in water today they should be up your way fairly soon...

nice to hear :D ill be out saturday if i even see one ill be happy :P

still no fish lol didnt see any either , who knew catching a blackwater salmon would be so hard :)

Advertisement