Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on Electric Ireland.

• 29-03-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct area for this, but I could use a hand.

A friend is at risk of having their electricity cut off. €283.99 of the bill was already attributed to the apartment before they moved in from previous tenants. Is there any way we can legally dispute having to pay this? They didn't rack up that amount, so it doesn't seem correct that they should have to pay it or have their power cut off.

They got a letter saying there may be the option for a Pay-As-You-Go meter. Anyone know the pros and cons of these things?

Thanks for any help, you guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

AFAIK they are only liable for the account they set up when they moved in. They did set up a new account after the previous tenant closed theirs didn't they ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

They changed address on their account, just transferring the amount from their previous apartment. A dude came and read the meter, and the amount that was on it got dumped on to their account, which EI admitted to. Is that even legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

So what can they do about that? Is it on them to hunt down the previous tenants?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Complain to the energy regulator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Hello there...Im in arrears to the electric Ireland to a large amount...if I move flat & want to stay with electric Ireland what happens? can I get a new supply to the new flat & pay off some of the arrears at the same time ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Hello.... im in arrears to the tune of 1820 euros with electric ireland,im leaving my flat because of this. there's been Problem's for a long time with the electric supply in the house I live in...will electric Ireland even talk to me about reconnection to a new flat? because the arrears are so high? I Paid money off it every week for years & paid 900 euros at one stage,its not like i didn't pay, I have to take this further legally ,but for the time being I need a new a\c in a new Flat, i talked to E I two weeks ago they said we see your payment plan & we will try to accommodate you..but because the bill is so high..im worried they might say no & then what? if they did take me back on how does the card system work?...any help on this would be appreciated ...thanks Lads...

Advertisement