Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CPU Cooling / Air flow options.

• 29-03-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hey all, im in the middle of building my Gaming PC, and I have a couple of options regarding cooling. Here's what I have to play with;

Fractal Define r4 Case, with 2x 140mm fans stock.
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
    2 x Gentle Typhoon 120mm

my question is this, should I just keep the 212 Evo with its stock fan, or slap the 2 GT's on to it, and use the CM fan elsewhere, I have potential to add an addition 5 fans (I won't).

2 x Top
    1 x Front
    1 x Side
    1x Bottom

I'd preferable like to maximize efficiency and airflow, I intend to OC the CPU (i5 3570K) but not got OTT, i'd be happy with 4.3. (Same with GPU, EVGA 670 FTW)

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The fan on the 212 evo is fine. Using 2 fans with it has very little impact. You would be better off getting good airflow through the case with the fans.

Add 1 of the fans as a bottom intake and the other as a top exhaust.

Advertisement